And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Mothers Day at the ballpark today with daughter and goddaughter/niece. Came early to get the mothers day charm necklace then went to brunch at The Ramp nearby. Mimosas and Madras cocktails with great food. Now at the game and have seen two Giants homers and a 3-0 lead. Good times even missing one child.

• Like 1

Mothers Day at the ballpark today with daughter and goddaughter/niece. Came early to get the mothers day charm necklace then went to brunch at The Ramp nearby. Mimosas and Madras cocktails with great food. Now at the game and have seen two Giants homers and a 3-0 lead. Good times even missing one child.

You've got it made, man! Mother's day at the ballpark! Ha!!! Sounds like Father's day to me!!!

We're under the overhang so you will never see us. The players wives sit up here and the view is great just in the third base side behind home plate at the back of the first section.

We're on the very first instant replay review I have ever seen in baseball for fan interference. Wacky

We're under the overhang so you will never see us. The players wives sit up here and the view is great just in the third base side behind home plate at the back of the first section.

We're on the very first instant replay review I have ever seen in baseball for fan interference. Wacky

Especially wachky considering the fan involved was the infamous "The Dawg" who has been a season ticket holder for nearly 30 years and should know better about reaching over the fence when a ball is in play! Bad Dawg!!!

http://www.csncalifornia.com/video_content_type/authentic-fan-ashkon-and-dawg

As a result of this experience, my standard is now $10 per bag, and anything extra that they do automatically makes it $20. If ever there is another extra, extra special case, it will be $40 or $50. Not for their sake, but for the sake of my own peace of mind. I hate it, hate, hate, hate it, when I get that feeling of being a total heel. But I wasn't even trying to be cheap, I was just focused on my own issues and was nervous about whether I'd get on that flight. Totally oblivious to his needs, let alone my need to show him some appreciation beyond, "Hey, thanks."

Oh well, you live and learn. Now I feel like a big wheel when I give $10 after someone in front of my gave $2 or $3.

Hmm -- this may make you feel worse.  But its amusing story..........

in 1980s, my dad, a real "joker" used to ship just about anything between Chicago & Lauderdale

in the good old days of glorious air travel.  Back when you could lift real metal dinner utensils (he did).

Anything he could get cheaper in one town went to the other.  He ran a body shop, and a certain truck

in FL needed a front bumper.  A metal one !  Back in the day...... 1980.

Dad puts a Ford truck bumper in a cardboard "crate" and pulls up to O'Hare curbside, asks the porter

if he can get this box onto the plane, while flashing a 20 at him.  Man says " Sir, step back now,

for $20. I'll put that car on the plane"  and proceeds to almost fall over trying to lug it onto a dolley.

Dad says, "if anyone asks, that's a surfboard in that box".   Yeah.  True. 

Just finished cleaning the carb on the power-flo vac system attached to the tractor which will hopefully allow me to commence my annual torture, pardon, mowing sessions to begin later this week/weekend.  It would only run with the choke on but the fuel supply to the carb itself seemed good so I'm hopeful that there was something stuck in there and that I managed to get it out.  The neighbors and my own kids would probably be nonplussed if I attempted to quantify the results right now.