And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

It may not matter to you at all, but I can attest that Wipe New will make those wheel well flares, vinyl top and other plastic bits look as new. I really like that color too, most Jeeps are not as conservative/classy.

http://www.target.com/p/as-seen-on-tv-wipe-new/-/A-14402918?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C14402918&CPNG=Automotive&kpid=14402918&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14402918

OOhhhh, truck nutz, I knew I forgot to order something. 

Steve, I'll give the wipe new a shot but odds are she's getting a slightly wider set of flares to address the offest that the alloy wheels will present (less backspacing).  Also might be picking up a NOS top too, the rear zipper on mine appears to be sticky.  And you, Steve, can appreciate the annoyance of having a sticky rear zipper. ;)

And yes, Khaki is sweet color and I'm happy to have found one. 

Steve, I'll give the wipe new a shot but odds are she's getting a slightly wider set of flares to address the offest that the alloy wheels will present (less backspacing).  Also might be picking up a NOS top too, the rear zipper on mine appears to be sticky.  And you, Steve, can appreciate the annoyance of having a sticky rear zipper. ;)

tumblr_ma59k6aWCu1qifkw7o1_500.gif

Picked up my daughter after work. She proceeded to tell me about the Rice Krispies Treats she made today at daycare and how she wanted to make more so she can share with me and my wife. So we spent the part of the afternoon making Rice Krispies Treats. It was a good day.

• Like 3

Nate you are making me consider the LR4 again...

As my boss eloquently said today when I told him it was an '04, "Oh, so, like, not so nice that you won't feel bad if you ding it."  My response, "Exactly."  I don't know that I could stomach to use something like an LR4 the way that I hope to use the Jeep.  I also definitely wanted something that could go at least partially topless (as pictured) in the summer time.  That said, I've got a wicked soft spot for Rovers and the latest generation Disco/LR is supposed to be amazingly capable while very refined and reliable.  Ultimately if this experiment goes well for a few years I'd like to step up to something like what Ian has, but would probably buy used (again) and not mod it as far as he did.  There's no point in getting rid of the 2007 Camry that I use as my daily since it only gets about 15k a year on it when it sees primary driving duty and that'll obviously go down a bit now.  I figure it's got another 100k in it or at least I hope it does without requiring major work but it does nothing for me as a vehicle which at the projected pace gives me a good 7-10yrs.  Not sure I'll ride it for that long, but it's long paid for and very cheap to run.