And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Thanks guys. :)

Good luck Acidbasement. Funding is very hard to come by at the MSc level in the US anyway.

My supervisor currently has grants coming out every orifice, so as long as I can convince him that I can finish in a few months, he's probably got the dough. One of the benefits of going to a school in an oil-rich province.

Thanks you all for your kind thoughts and words. Stacy and I have been separated for 2 years and long ago agreed we weren't getting back together. Still, her filing hurts more than I thought it would. I think that it's the final (or almost final) indication that this part of my life failed. Also there is the fear of being without health insurance. I can always get relatively inexpensive high-deductible insurance and I'll get a job sooner or later and insurance should come with that.

Good luck acidbasement. I'm sure it would be good for you to finish the degree. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I think most of us have been in failed long-term relationships and/or marriages. It's a tough thing, and it can take awhile to put them behind you, but it's essential to do so if you intend to be available when the right one comes along. My own experience with this was pretty simple (no kids, no assets to divide - just me moving out), but it was incredibly difficult emotionally regardless. I feel for anyone going through it. The lack of medical coverage is something I can't even imagine, given the bills I would have racked up in the last two years.

Just a suggestion: we have nice women AND free health care* in Canada. Have you considered a move north? ;)

*not to mention relatively high taxes - coincidence?

I'm just realizing the side benefits of arranging interviews with some potential experts who are Purdue professors. Google Maps says it is only 1 hour 49 minutes to the FFF brewpub and therefore the HC Chicago crew! Planning takes on a whole new meaning now. evil.gif

I am about an hour from Purdue Lafayette, and we have an extra room. And I am 25 minutes or so from FFF. And I like my Uncle Al. Keep these things in mind.

I'm just realizing the side benefits of arranging interviews with some potential experts who are Purdue professors. Google Maps says it is only 1 hour 49 minutes to the FFF brewpub and therefore the HC Chicago crew! Planning takes on a whole new meaning now. evil.gif

Al when do you plan on being in the area?

I am about an hour from Purdue Lafayette, and we have an extra room. And I am 25 minutes or so from FFF. And I like my Uncle Al. Keep these things in mind.

Absolutely. That sounds great.

I'm an expert too! Signed some lawyer papers today on what could best be described as a laughable work situation. Next time we have drinks I'll have to fill you in smile.png

You need to learn some new skills for this one, but I know you're an expert.

Al when do you plan on being in the area?

Not sure yet, but in the next few weeks.