And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Yeah it is. I hope that once the little man settles into a bit more of a routine I can get out for some longer rides. There are some nice loops that spring from pretty close to the house.

Justin, I like the black bar but wonder if having contrasting stools might help complete the look? Or maybe you wanted them to disappear into the bar area?

I am on day 2 of my New Years diet. I had crept up over35 lbs between April/May and December and then I went home and added another 15 in 10 days of not even overeating that much (WTF I hate my body sometimes...). Anyway I'm hoping to be down below 230 again by the end of the month.

I wish there was some way for me to gradually lose weight but I just never seem to be able to do it. It's either +5lbs a week, -5lbs a week or constant, I don't seem to have any other settings. I wish I could ride more so I could eat more but the next 3 months are looking like a lot of suck at work so I can't see more than 5-8 hrs a week tops so it's 1000cal/day for a few months.

Justin: I like the counter.

Nate: I hope you get out more too. Any metric centuries nearby that you can train for? I have given up on racing for this year (probably permanently) so my big events are going to become centuries and/or brevets (even longer, 200km etc).

Justin, I like but don't love the black bar. It would be interesting to see a lighter accent color. Perhaps the blue or green in that throw pillow? Or even the grays in the pilow/rug?

all the other walls are the whitest of whites, and i am still deciding what to do there. i had planned on this color for the kitchen wall but that was before i went ahead and painted the bar black so we'll see. i didn't want to use a lighter gray on the bar because then the stools would disappear in it.

http://www.sherwin-w...s/color/SW7729/

so both my Dell LCD and 23" Apple cinema display are way off in color, because this looks brown on my display but its a green-olive color.

also have this in mind:

http://www.sherwin-w...6124_cardboard/

this is a gray color thats on a lot of my other walls

http://www.lowes.com...oductId=3324958

Edited by justin

BTW, your Niece is adorable!

Thanks! She's 6 now and such a trip. I'm not supposed to have favorites (12 nieces and nephews) but she's got the best personality of any kid I've ever known. He baby brother began to "officially" crawl on Christmas day, and she apparently told my mom, "It's a Christmas miracle, grandma!"

^ Brown

Ditto on the Brown or Mushroom, and it definitely relates to the ottoman. I don't like the Gray as much as I thought I would. The Green is also nice, but I'd introduce it elsewhere (pillow etc...) if you use it.

Edited by swt61

Ditto on the Brown or Mushroom, and it definitely relates to the ottoman. I don't like the Gray as much as I thought I would. The Green is also nice, but I'd introduce it elsewhere (pillow etc...) if you use it.

i agree with liking the brown. the green just comes out of no where. i also agree with Nate on limiting the green to one wall if i used it, but getting into 3 or 4 wall colors in one area (its an open floor plan) is a bit much.

Edited by justin

You can do that without it looking busy, but you need to use variations on one or two colors. In your case maybe a charcoal gray wall, that relates to the Black, and a darker Brown, in the same tone as the Mushroom. Even then care needs to be taken to not get too busy.