oldshoe

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this to be an interesting read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profanity

In fact, I lollered at this:

'The most-used swear words were fuck, shit, hell, damn, God damn, bitch and boner.'

In fact, the next time I'm really pissed, I'm going to say, 'Oh, fuck, God damn, bitch and boner'.

That Wiki article needs to be updated, I haven't heard anyone use the term "boner" in at least twenty years.

Ok, for a few minutes, I'm gonna pretend you're not a troll. What written policy are you talking about? The welcome message says specifically that we ARE rude, abusive assholes, but that you shouldn't expect to just jump right in and do the same, because it's our house, not yours.

Thanks for joining Head-Case. I'm glad you're here. That said, you should be aware that this isn't your typical internet forum. We're not here so that you'll have another place to sell your stuff. We're not looking for people trying to pad their post counts, or demonstrate their ability to find witty things on the internet.

This is predominantly a place for friends to discuss music, audio gear, and whatever else tickles our fancy. We are sometimes quite rude, often irreverant, and regularly abusive. Think of it like the corner bar where everyone knows each other. Don't mistake our familiarity with each other as familiarity with you, even if you've seen our names in other locations before.

Spend some time reading before you start to post. Get familiar with what is going on, and who the various people are. Don't just jump right into the fray.

This is your only warning, but I hope you can participate. There's a lot of good information, and more importantly, good people here.

Maybe you're confusing the rules at head-fi.org with our rules. That's a different website.

That Wiki article needs to be updated, I haven't heard anyone use the term "boner" in at least twenty years.

I know, right? That's what's so funny!

And I would agree, I would not consider it profane, but apparently it is!? So glad the forum rules were clarified!

Boner Boner Boner Boner Boner Boner Boner Boner Boner Boner Boner Boner.

You're welcome to believe what you want but I have just this account, period. My interest was solely to compare your written policy with your actual practice. I will assume your written policy was disinformation.

Ah, I get it now, because if our practice differs from our written policy, then the Royal Virginian Mounted Police (funded in large part by the CIA) will shut down the site. Makes sense. Thanks for the heads up.