Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voltron

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voltron

  1. We need a Thunderpants theme song to the tune of "Pants on the Ground" of Idol fame. "T-Pants on yo head, T-Pants on yo head, looking quite cool with yo T-Pants on yo head...
  2. The SR-007BL sound pretty darn good out of the 007t, so the fact that Nate shipped my BHse last week is pretty damn exciting. These things fart like crazy, though, even just from turning my head on occasion. I need to figure out where to get Mk II pads to try those out. Does that help the flatulence problem?
  3. John Zorn -- O'o
  4. That is awful, V, and I hope you can get them re-done right.
  5. Smoking the pope sounds nasty. And sacrilegious.
  6. Nice going retro-Duggeh!
  7. Sometimes you just get lucky. In a week of some unlucky events and some lucky ones, I stumbled upon a visit by Parker Beam to a downtown liquor store. He is here for WhiskeyFest, which I have to miss because of the Giants vs. Braves playoff game, and he had a couple bottles of their new wheated cask strength bourbon from the Parker's Heritage series. I happened in at lunch and then ran back over there 90 minutes later to meet the man and hopefully snag a bottle. Oddly enough, there was basically nobody there and so I chatted with the master distiller and he signed a bottle for me. I even got a 10% discount for the event! Here is a quick pic of Parker's work and my lucky autographed score:
  8. KT Tunstall -- Tiger Suit
  9. I don't have any hiss whatsoever with my TTVJ Slim and JH13s
  10. Ain't it grand what the brain can convince us of? No offense, eejit, but unlistenable to goosebump-inducing in 250 or 500 or 5000 hours really doesn't make sense to me any other way.
  11. Joshua's new band James Farm is going to release its first album in the spring and I am going to predict it will be a favorite of the second decade of the century. I am counting the days and stalking when they will perform againnanywhere i might get to.
  12. Really good home made chocolate chip cookies.
  13. That's more like it! I better start watching soon, but I have been stuffing in Wire episodes as much as possible so I can turn over the first two seasons to Grahame.
  14. It's Fleet Week and the Blue Angels are practicing. They just buzzed my building close enough to feel them. Wish I had my camera.
  15. I wondered the same.
  16. I saw Blades play with Wayne Shorter last year or so, and I knew I had to see him again. He is awesome. Gladly, I will also be seeing Haynes next month with his Fountain of Youth Band. Very appropriate name for such an active old timer.
  17. I'm such a lunkhead that I convinced myself the show was tonight, but it is next Thursday. Come on up, Greg!
  18. The ones I saw in person were in solid walnut and WAY more sexy and stunning than the pics or that dyed ash version on their website.
  19. Actually, Grahame, I think Claire would love the look and told her about them but haven't shown them to her. She loves good wood.
  20. Me too! I hadn't seen the original post but good wishes for better feeling are going your way Fitz!
  21. Quote added for context, but the immediately preceding posts made it pretty clear. I knew you'd make a crack as soon as I hit send.
  22. If he was talking to a woman, maybe his phone was in his front pocket . . .
  23. I didn't buy any of it. Just went to a demo with JP in NYC. Awesome stuff that haunts me a bit. If I could only find $100K lying around unattended...
  24. The OMA Lenco idler, Schick arm, tweaked Ortofon cartridge, OMA RIAA phono preamp and OMA Parallax integrated amplifier, all playing through the OMA AC2 field coil loudspeakers. It was by far the best demo I have ever had even though the speakers were set up with a 3-foot round column between them. Table: RIAA: Amp: Speakers (this is the AC1 non-field coil version):
  25. It's really good, Dusty. I'm seeing Roy Haynes in the next couple of months too, and that has me even more excited than tomorrow's dreamy trio.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.