Everything posted by Voltron
-
Flight Case?
Actually, Team Florida kinda overdid it a bit...
-
Flight Case?
Now fill a few more cases and you're ready for CanJam!
-
Go figure
- CanJam 2009
In other words: What to Eat at Bush.- Three Weeks 'Till iPhone
Glad I have waited so I can buy the new one.- What are you listening to Part Two
Just looked up the history of that album, and it was his last recording during 1978 when he was quite ill and looking to make some money pretty desperately: "By the mid-1970s Green's health was in serious decline, in part from his long battle with drugs. His failure to become a big name in music, with the accompanying financial rewards, and a series of failed relationships, further demoralized him. Green married Karen Duson Wallace, a nurse, in 1974. By 1977 the marriage had failed. Dorothy Malone became his constant companion until his death. Green recorded his last album, Easy, in April of 1978. That autumn he had a minor stroke that left him temporarily paralyzed on his left side. A blood clot was found near his heart and the doctors ordered triple-bypass surgery, but Green refused. Instead, he drove across the country for a gig in California. After the long drive back to New York, he suffered a heart attack and died on the way to Harlem Hospital on January 31, 1979. He was 43." Grant Green Biography - Raised on the Blues, Succeeded and Crashed in New York City, Turned to Popular Music- What are you listening to Part Two
Man, I couldn't take it. Switched. Grant Green -- Grant's First Stand- What are you listening to Part Two
Most likely. Fucking A&R douchebags.- DIY cable gallery
- What are you listening to Part Two
Grant Green -- Easy I don't know what this thing is, but it starts off with a cheesy, string-filled version of Easy [like Sunday morning] and finishes with Three Times a Lady. Grant's tone is great but it is laying on top of muzak. Who made him record this shit?- DIY cable gallery
I don't think the HE90s sound very good from the BHSE so the normal bias Stax jack would be a good idea unless you just want two pro bias Stax jacks, of course.- NHL 2008/2009 edition
Three letters: DVR- What are you listening to Part Two
Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble -- In Step- Neko Audio D100 Impressions
Thanks for taking the time to write up your impressions Todd. It does sound like a damn good value. Is the Dynahi a pretty transparent amp? I don't know how that amp sounds, and it will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the D100 through your speaker amp or any other headamp you have access to. Also, have you tried the Dynahi with the APL Denon? I'd be curious to know how it compares even though the price range is different. On another note, it has been said before but why do these manufacturers keep using the same names for DACs and amps? Stello, Neko, Channel Islands, Cambridge, Genesis, etc. all have D100s or DA100s and I am sure there are others.- CanJam 2009
No and No. Under discussion. But I thought you were going to be elsewhere at that time.- Wilco Wilco
I got a link to a music player playing Wilco's brand new album.- What are you listening to Part Two
Anja Garbarek -- Smiling & Waving Pisses me off that Steve Jansen is not on Rhapsody and I never remember to look for this disc when I am at a store.- Post the last thing you bought!
"Show us on the doll where he touched you with the clay cocks."- What are you listening to Part Two
The Allman Brothers Band S/T- What are you listening to Part Two
This is a cool album. Jazz big band but from a modern perspective. Recommended fwiw.- What are you listening to Part Two
Darcy James Argue's Secret Society -- Infernal Machines- What are you listening to Part Two
Steve Earle -- Townes- What are you listening to Part Two
The Crystal Method -- Divided by Night- Post the last thing you bought!
It's only 141.8 you wuss.- Happy Birthday mypasswordis
Happy happy, joy joy! Cheers - CanJam 2009
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.