Go figure

grawk

Justin's Pico Slim gets leaked, and so Ray announces a direct competitor that's "in the works"...

News - Ray Samuels Audio

Last year I received a PM from a head-fier gbx2006 who sent this link Digital Volume Control and asked me if I would consider digital volume control to make the P-51 even thinner. I told him I was already working on it but with a control with higher quality and usability for audio than in the link, and it was called The Shadow.

If you think the Emmeline P-51, Mustang, is very, very small, think again. The new volume control allows me to not only make The Shadow even smaller but also improve performance and usability.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once had a Hornet, it made static noise when I turned the volume control, but Ray said it was normal behaviour. He finally solved the problem, no more volume control, yay!

Yeah that is normal behavior... for a pot that has DC on it. Not good.

This amp will have the infamous "Postjack volume" setting?

Nigel%20rocking.jpg

yessir, and in conjunction with Nugget Audio we've created the world's first Attenuation Defeater, which finally makes any attempt at external volume control futile.

also: LOL at reks.

I haven't given out details on what I am using yet. At best, he can be using the same thing that I am, because nothing better exists. I went with a rotary pot/knob interface for it, although anything could be used - rotary encoder, push buttons, toggle switch, thumb wheel...because I feel a lot of hand holding is going to be needed to get people comfortable with the words 'digital volume control'.