Blue Hawaii Special Edition

pabbi1

he makes cables, i'm powerless against him

Actually not. You can switch to the military amphenol connectors. You can

order them with a proprietary rotary angle offset. (i think you have to buy

only 25 sets). Then no one will be able to buy the connectors, and then they

can't make stupid ass cables.

In any case, use an aftermarket cable and void the warranty.

I was joking.

We have seen some of the magic cables produced by some of the whacked out

cable manufacturers. One of which fills their cable with conductive crap. With

800 volts inside the cable, stuff like this is probably not a good idea.

Neither is accidentally wiring the cable wrong and getting one of the high voltage

lines switched with a low voltage line. Instant and very serious kaboom.

You think these people are actually going to test their cables ??

Are they going to get a real cable to copy from... The filament lines are different

sized wires from the high voltage lines. Will they know. Would they even care?

Edited by kevin gilmore

Hey, some of us don't know much about DIY electronics, we rely on you guys to tell us this stuff.

I agree it's doubtful that SAA have actually tested their umbilical on a BHSE. But they know what the connectors are, maybe from checking out the amp at a meet.

Maybe by rubbing their genre differentiation attributes over the PC monitor? Come on, there's little way they can know which wires/pins carry low voltage or high one by just looking at the amp at a meet :palm:

I would certainly make it quite clear that using an after market umbilical would void the warranty. I'm not saying that the stock unit can't be improved upon (twisted filament wires could lower the already inaudible hum a bit) but I simply wouldn't trust these idiots to do it.

If the cable doesn't fail on first use but does later on then Justin will likely be blamed. The magic cable can't be to blame...?

I do remeber somebody from SAA talking about these cables a long time ago and I called them on their shit. They promptly invited me to a NY meet to audition cables... :palm: Do they even know what the stock cable is made of?

geez, I wonder if the guy would sell the stock cable to me :) Can't be worth more than $50 or so I figure :rolleyes: wink, wink, nudge, nudge..

Put a thread up about recycling your worthless old umbilicals. If worded properly you may not only get them free, but get them to kick in the shipping as well.

Tell them they're going to be used to make industrial strength nests for Spotted Grey Owls. ;)