HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

I am available Saturday or Sunday. I would think Schaeffer Farms if Justin doesn't drive up as it will be in between us and the Maryland crew. Wakefield might make more sense if Justin decides to drive up since it will cut an hour off his drive.

^ I would agree. I'm pretty sure my Saris Bones would fit over the spoiler on my wife's '04 Accord. I can try it out tonight if you want.

Me: rode to work for the first time. It was probably around 40F or so when I left. Overdressed a bit and got slightly warm. Didn't get hit by anyone, so that's a good thing (depending upon perspective :)), but will need to tweak the route slightly. Overall the route worked well. A little over 8 miles, so not that far.

Not that it should sway it either way but I'm out for Schaeffer Farms. I like riding up there but I'm not going to have enough time to drive up there etc.

Wakefield works for me.  Ben, Justin, Juan?

I am heading out shortly for a ride on the Mt. Vernon trail.  Great day for a ride.

• Like 1

So when do we get to see Vicki's completed bike, or did I miss it somewhere?

It's going to be another couple months, or so I'm guessing.  It's in California waiting for paint right now.  I don't know how long that wait will be.

The weather's been gorgeous the past couple days.  Hoping to get in about 80-100 miles this weekend.  

I could do either day.

if either, for me it would have to be sunday if i can do it at all.  i have a friend's dog (lab) this weekend and would have to be able to bring her with me unless you wanted to bike around charlottesville

Edited by justin

Still getting back to full strength after breaking my hand in 2 places in a crash in a giant slalom race a few months back. I'm going to be out of town next weekend, so I'm targeting the weekend of May 11th to get out for the first time on the new (to me) mountain bike. I really can't wait... After having my ski season cut short, having to wait to get out on the bike is driving me crazy!

if either, for me it would have to be sunday if i can do it at all. i have a friend's dog (lab) this weekend and would have to be able to bring her with me unless you wanted to bike around charlottesville

I might be able to get down to cville but I have to check on a 3 o'clock Tee time I have at 3 on Sunday. Not sure if it is still happening or not.

Ian I am looking forward to see the first GoPro video you guys shoot this season. You seem to be more interesting riders than Ginger Avenger and Biscuit Boy.

Edited by VPI

It's been pretty dry up here so far this spring so the trails should be in pretty decent shape.  I'm actually going to try to get a look at part of the loop Ian and I rode a few times last year to see how much of a mess the winter left it.  I too am very much looking forward to hitting the trails again.  In roadie news I'm going to try to get out for a ride today since we kicked the kids out for the night to celebrate my wife's birthday. 

Did a way harder than it should have been, 18 miles.  15 mph headwind for the first 9 killed me.

Nate, I thought I might be close enough to ride with you up there when I'm in Lake Placid at the end of June but, according to google maps, you are 5 hours away.  Close but no cigar.