Office Chairs

dsavitsk

Does anyone have a strong recommendation for an office chair? I currently have an Aeron which I like well enough, so getting a second is not out of the question. However, I am interested if there are others people like better. I used to have a Knoll Bulldog which I did not really like as it was too bulky and just didn't fit right. I was looking at the Steelcase Think for no particular reason other than it just seemed to stand out. The Think or Aeron are at the absolute top of the price range -- cheaper would be better.

My back was messed up a couple of years ago due to having to sit all day so i got a swopper, sounds weird, looks even weirder but the pain is gone and my back is strong and healthy now. It Basicaly forces your spine into a natural shape and engages muscles that would be inactive in a normal chair. It's like one of those balls but it doesn't take as much space and it's adjustable.

Not really a chair i know but maybe of interest to someone.

I've long wanted to try an Aeron, but I'm right in the damn middle of the sizing chart between B and C. Nowhere local to try one out, scared to buy and get the wrong size.

The new Mirra 2 also looks interesting. Seems to be taking a page from the Steelcase Leap, in that it adjusts to you.

• 2 weeks later...

All of these chairs are $500 chairs -- does anyone have any cheapskate recommendations?  I'd be pretty heart-broken if my cat shredded a $500 chair, but I'd be less concerned over something like a CostCo chair or an Ikea chair (looking at the Markus).

I have been and am going to continue to be using my home chair a lot more these days.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So maybe some of you can answer an Aeron question for me: if I do NOT get the tilt limiter with seat angle adjustment, and instead just get the standard tilt, can I still lock the chair in the fully upright position? I don't care about locking it while its reclined, but I would like to be able to lock it when its fully upright.

Several months ago I was in New Orleans and went into a crazy high end store and actually got to try out both the B and C sizes, and determined that I am a B. Surprising because the C looks more appropriate for me, but I spent about 10 minutes in both and in the B I immediately sit upright, have good back support, and was comfortable.