Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

modwright 9100es arrived today finally. pics and such will have to wait till tomorrow

Very curious to hear what you think about your newest source tkam. Positive Feedback, Dagogo (whatever that is) and even Steve Motherfuckin Hoffman all seem to love the 9100es. Looking forward to your impressions. Enjoy it!

I heard it sucks...
Nope. The output on the zapfilter is pretty hot though and tends to make people either love it or hate it. Still, with good volume matching, a zapfilter modded E5 can certainly play with the big boys. I prefer my new CD player, but it is really a matter of preference/sound signature.

I think Earl has experience with zapfilter modded sources though, so the output level shouldn't be a problem for him. Congrats buddy! :)

I heard it sucks ... at least that's what I keep telling myself

Nope. The output on the zapfilter is pretty hot though and tends to make people either love it or hate it. Still, with good volume matching, a zapfilter modded E5 can certainly play with the big boys. I prefer my new CD player, but it is really a matter of preference/sound signature.

I think Earl has experience with zapfilter modded sources though, so the output level shouldn't be a problem for him. Congrats buddy! :)

I guess I should have used a smiley and made the small print easier to see. I sold Earl the modded E5 and, although knowing better, listened to it for a while before packing it up for shipment. :( The 840c isn't really better, just different and more flexible with the digital inputs.