Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

That was a nice pick up. I'm curious how it compares to the 840c.

Hopefully, I'll get around to doing that. Either way, I'll be keeping both of them since I managed to get the Duet for a rather nice price, due to the fact the sale was only for the unit itself and that it's not in the pristine condition.

shit, i've been on a spending spree. I bought a used pair of magneplanar speakers off of craigslist and a couple of days ago a bought a headphile headphone stand off of salty.

I'm listening to the magneplanar speakers now and know what all you speaker snobs are talking about. The sound stage is gigantic and the resolution is beyond belief. I still like my headphone rig but man, I'm thinking of becoming a speaker snob myself.

shit, i've been on a spending spree. I bought a used pair of magneplanar speakers off of craigslist and a couple of days ago a bought a headphile headphone stand off of salty.

I'm listening to the magneplanar speakers now and know what all you speaker snobs are talking about. The sound stage is gigantic and the resolution is beyond belief. I still like my headphone rig but man, I'm thinking of becoming a speaker snob myself.

nice! maybe one day I'll get some planar speakers. thats far into the future though.

Which model Magnaplanars did you get? I have been on the hunt the last few months but haven't the courage to pull the trigger yet. And what are you driving them with??

That wouldn't happen to be an ET-1000 with an ever so sexy gray adapter cable...? :eek:

;)

I swapped them for my Lambda which I was never listening to. It's going to get a makeover of course and I need to find a cable for them to replace that messy thing there now :P

nice, mate! the maggies drop to around 1ohm at certain frequencies, so be careful what amps.

Thanks for the advice. I'm actually going to buy a yamaha m-45 off of craigslist which shouldn't have a problem driving them safely until I can afford a decent amp. I'm hoping my preamp will help them shine a little.

;)

I swapped them for my Lambda which I was never listening to. It's going to get a makeover of course and I need to find a cable for them to replace that messy thing there now :P

They have travelled quite a bit since I sold them. I would buy a Koss extension cord for the cable and just add a 6 pin Stax plug to it. Remember that the Beyer was designed for 180v bias so don't even try Pro... :eek:

They have travelled quite a bit since I sold them. I would buy a Koss extension cord for the cable and just add a 6 pin Stax plug to it. Remember that the Beyer was designed for 180v bias so don't even try Pro... :eek:

Heh, I actually like them quite a bit, they're nice and smooth. Surprisingly good bass for a little speaker too, pity that Beyer stopped developing a potential Stax beater. They do need some cosmetic work though.