Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

All this talk of desktop systems -- let alone the collapse of the economy -- finally got me to pull the trigger on my dream office system:

First, some Nugget Vaughn Collective cables (RCAs, super shorty bi-wire speaker cables).

103458897.jpg

Next, a couple of these HeadRoom Bi-Amp MonoBlocks that will be fed by my existing HeadRoom Desktop Amp/Dac, which just received completely new amp board, modules, and volume pot:

0000015030_3521.jpg

Then, a couple of these HeadRoom Speaker Stands:

0060011001_3503.jpg

To hold these beautiful Harbeth HL-P3ES-2 mini-monitors:

0110530001_3429.jpg

Well, I hope it will all seem worthwhile once it is set up and rocking my office. The anticipation already has me worked up pretty good. :cool:

And to think, you were wondering what to bring to the Marin Meet.

Sir, I applaud your dedication to the cause. ;)

Tire & wheel package for the Jeep (Wrangler Rubicon take-offs). The black steel wheels just weren't doing it for me.

1222431084_dscn5830.jpg

And when I sell the ones it came with, it'll only end up costing me around $150.

Those, and a used set of Thule towers for the factory rack rails so I can get my gear up on the roof. $40 for something that should've cost almost $200. Wuhoo!

Nate, where are you getting all these fancy looking RCAs lately now that ProFis aren't in stock? And what are they besides the Vampire ones you used on some other cables?

Those RCA's are some Cardas plugs that I picked up as a part of a misc. parts lot that I bought recently. They've confirmed my opinion that with the exception of the Cardas Senn connectors that I use out of necessity Cardas connectors are the devil. Between the Rhodium plating taking about 1000 degrees to make a good joint and the complete lack of practical strain relief I am not a fan. Pro-Fi's for life, yo.