Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Gah, I gotta buy a new DAP soon. My Rio Karma headphone socket is very loose and the 'up' volume button is getting flaky. Pity, the Karma is awesome and I refuse to buy a damn ipud!

Smeggy: I'll be back in the US on 1/8 and will mail it to you to try out if you'd like. It's a repackaged Teclast T50 that uses Wolfson chipset. It sounds good to me, but another data point would be nice to have. If you're interested, just shoot me your address and off it will go.. otherwise, I hate you .. until I need some custom 'phones, then you're my best friend.

I have only spent two weeks out of the last 12 in the States. I need to take a long vacation soon and catch up on PMs on several sites that I have been neglecting. Unfortunately I have Sao Paulo, Rio, Amsterdam and Berlin on my plate in January and the first week of February.

Jack I have to head over to the gift exchange thread next and brag about the Blue Note you sent me. Excellent choice, thanks.

Jeff

Smeggy: I'll be back in the US on 1/8 and will mail it to you to try out if you'd like. It's a repackaged Teclast T50 that uses Wolfson chipset. It sounds good to me, but another data point would be nice to have. If you're interested, just shoot me your address and off it will go.. otherwise, I hate you .. until I need some custom 'phones, then you're my best friend.

Thank you my darling :D

Before anything else I guess I should say my top requirements are SQ and output power. The Karma has quite a good amp in it and drives my K1000 and most of my orthos to good levels. So strong output is pretty much mandatory as all my 'normal' phones are power sucking orthos.

The Teclast looks interesting, I'll pop you a PM.

Thank you my darling :D

Before anything else I guess I should say my top requirements are SQ and output power. The Karma has quite a good amp in it and drives my K1000 and most of my orthos to good levels. So strong output is pretty much mandatory as all my 'normal' phones are power sucking orthos.

The Teclast looks interesting, I'll pop you a PM.

that's funny... I actually like low output sources.. I'll try and drive the T50v1 directly with it tonite. I'm guessing it won't be a pretty sight.

Nate:

Did you buy any drivers from that guy selling a crapload of Scan Speak drivers at diyaudio? and, no I'm not cyber-stalking you :)

No, I'm not buying anything speaker related until I get the Cicada project under my belt and I'd be surprised if I did anything beyond that. I just don't have the space for the speakers that I'd want to build.

Oppo DV-980H, which shouldn't have the same macroblocking error as the DV-981HD. :mikey2:

I also ordered Yuki Kajiura's just released first live DVD, and also preordered the Ali Project DVD that's to be released in January. I'm going to drive myself insane constantly checking the online tracking... the segments I've previewed on youtube make it look to be an amazing performance. :prettyprincess:

No, I'm not buying anything speaker related until I get the Cicada project under my belt and I'd be surprised if I did anything beyond that. I just don't have the space for the speakers that I'd want to build.

ah. must have been another n_maher :)http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=135522

You'd be be surprised what you can do with a small speaker. I have a few builds in the works, one is a 3-way first-order design that's 13.5" high by 7" wide and 12"-14" deep. f3 is in the high 30's with a shallow roll-off...

Oppo DV-980H, which shouldn't have the same macroblocking error as the DV-981HD. :mikey2:

I hope this one works out better for you. I've been following your Oppo-related misadventures with some interest. I'm going to be in the market for one sometime in the new year, if I can stop hemmoraging money elsewhere.

That is pretty twisted, since I'm on DIY Audio as n_maher. :o

You'd be be surprised what you can do with a small speaker. I have a few builds in the works, one is a 3-way first-order design that's 13.5" high by 7" wide and 12"-14" deep. f3 is in the high 30's with a shallow roll-off...

Can't wait to see that!

Nate:

Did you buy any drivers from that guy selling a crapload of Scan Speak drivers at diyaudio? and, no I'm not cyber-stalking you :)

Oh poop. I guess I need to start stalking the for sale section over there more often. I just happen to be in need of a half dozen Revs and he seems to be out of what I need:( Smoking deal for those that got it.

ah. must have been another n_maher :)diyAudio Forums - many scan speak clasic and revelator drivers. - Page 1

Oops, I misread your measurements as 7" high X 12-14" wide X 13.5" deep. Maybe you can push them together for a nice CC speaker?

I also ordered Yuki Kajiura's just released first live DVD, and also preordered the Ali Project DVD that's to be released in January. I'm going to drive myself insane constantly checking the online tracking... the segments I've previewed on youtube make it look to be an amazing performance. :prettyprincess:

Yuki Kajiura :prettyprincess::dan::prettyprincess:

I hope this one works out better for you. I've been following your Oppo-related misadventures with some interest. I'm going to be in the market for one sometime in the new year, if I can stop hemmoraging money elsewhere.

Supposedly the 981 has a better picture than the 980, but the flaws in the Faroudja video processor make most stuff completely unwatchable on my TV. From what I've read the issue is visible on DLPs and some plasmas, but Oppo's stance is that it only affects DLPs and that it doesn't affect any flat panel displays at all. :palm:

Yuki Kajiura :prettyprincess::dan::prettyprincess:

Got the DVD today (estimated delivery on January 6th, so Fedex showed up early this morning with it?! they must've fucking teleported it here or something). I'm kinda mad that Yuuka wasn't in the concert too, but it's not as if there's any shortage of good vocals between Kaori, Keiko, Wakana, Yuriko Kaida, Eri Ito, and Kajiura herself. :prettyprincess::prettyprincess::prettyprincess: