Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Hmmm voltage doubler, are you slumming a bit? Two serial connected PSU's sounds more like it... :)

nah, I'm using it for a preamp. CLC to get 400V then a HV regulator (http://www.national.com/an/LB/LB-47.pdf) to get down to 350V. 6SN7 as a single gain stage and a ECC99 as a phase splitter on the output. Transformer input and AC coupled output (gasp!). Fully balanced stereo preamp only using two tubes :)

250V, 2000VA Variac.

Also approved completion on the restoration and calibration of the soon-to-be-mine B&K 700. While cosmetically challenged, it's a beast of a tester and will be as-new electrically when it arrives and good for another 30+ years of service.

Serial Experiments: Lain R2 DVD boxset, because just having three Lain boxsets isn't enough.

lainboxset2.jpg

Also bought some books from the same guy for $4 to try to help improve my vocabulary and literacy...

japanesebooks.jpg

250V, 2000VA Variac.

Also approved completion on the restoration and calibration of the soon-to-be-mine B&K 700. While cosmetically challenged, it's a beast of a tester and will be as-new electrically when it arrives and good for another 30+ years of service.

I saw that Variac and thought that you might be interested....few minutes later I saw you posted on it. Grats! :)