Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

41kG5hHJkIL._SL500_.jpg

A comfy seat cover for the spinning bikes at the gym. I'm going to be the only wimpy person with one in the class, but my bum is bruised from that seat. I've done four classes so far, and couldn't go this morning because I hurt too damn much. Granted, I have a bit more rear than seemingly anyone else in the spinning classes, but I seriously don't understand how other people don't seem to mind it at all.

I'm running it in triode which is 20 watts and it gets very loud. The room is too small but it's all I am allowed at the moment. I'm listening to some live clash from Shea Stadium on vinyl. They can rock.

Thanks guys. Do I dare say, done? Nah, that would be a silly thing for me to say.

Edited by tyrion

I'm running it in triode which is 20 watts and it gets very loud. The room is too small but it's all I am allowed at the moment. I'm listening to some live clash from Shea Stadium on vinyl. They can rock.

Thanks guys. Do I dare say, done? Nah, that would be a silly thing for me to say.

i'm not 100% sure if i will keep the omen's, i'll wait until i move and then see how they are. i can't turn them up above conversation level in this apartment. the room they'll be going into is 20x22'. i will probably be using a solid state AV receiver with them of at least 50W per channel. there are a few other sub-$1k floorstanders i may get to compare.

i'm not 100% sure if i will keep the omen's, i'll wait until i move and then see how they are. i can't turn them up above conversation level in this apartment. the room they'll be going into is 20x22'. i will probably be using a solid state AV receiver with them of at least 50W per channel. there are a few other sub-$1k floorstanders i may get to compare.

Comparing is good. I have certainly done my fair share. My room is a lot smaller than where you will be but I'm pretty certain that in a room that is 20 x 22 you will get more than enough volume out of 20 watts.

The amp is hot with all those tubes but I will deal with it. The power switch is in the back and there is a source selector for each channel also in the back. Kind of a pita but not that big of a deal.

Edited by tyrion

Well, it looks like I may have just had a close brush with death. I wanted to post this scam here just in case someone might be able to save themselves in the future. I offered to switch up the payment terms to use escrow, all he needs to do is confirm the use of escrow’s services, although I don’t think the seller will respond anymore.

Here’s the Omega II mk1 + 717 listing on audiogon I woke up to this morning and got very excited about:

AudiogoN ForSale: Stax omega sr007 / 717

The e-mail the scammer used was: [email protected] under the name Robert Morewood UK – Warwickshire.

He quickly gave me bank transfer account details along with an ebay id that had listed CD’s that have been sold over the years: danceonavolcanopmt . If it matters the bank in question is Nationwide.

I went in thinking how awesome the deal was and how good of condition the O2 is in. Thanks to the help of some astute head-case members I quickly learned of Cherry Bomb’s plight (god bless) earlier this year which occurred under very similar circumstances:

http://www.head-case.org/forums/off-topic/1488-post-last-thing-you-bought-740.html#post325793 (posts start at 14785)

-At one step I noticed audiogon gave me a completely different physical address of the seller at the “payment” phase. Not a good sign. When I asked him about it he responded it was his brother in law’s info and that his brother in law had setup the account for him.

-The circumstances and description of the ebay profile very closely match what n3rdling post here:

http://www.head-case.org/forums/off-topic/1488-post-last-thing-you-bought-742.html#post325970 (post 14833)

-In this case he also listed a bunch of other very expensive big ticket items for sale along the lines of a $20,000 cd transport and cables to the tune of about 2 grand apiece. This may seem to add to his credibility, but as n3rdling posted he may in fact own some of these items, but we can’t be certain. (which raises further questions about the ethical standards of some audiophiles in this hobby!)

It’s a shame head-case isn’t so great at search engine results but I hope this helps someone!

I was scammed US$2000 by this Robert Morewood fellow. I have put him on as many scammer list as I can so far. Anything else I can do to kick his ass?

His other emails include:

[email protected]

[email protected]