Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Tivoli Radio Model 2 + CD player. It was for my mother but not a bad bit of kit for the 400$ new I paid for it.

If I wanted real magic I'd put N64 parts in the DAC. :D

Hmmm how about we add a CD-rom drive to the N64 and make a PSX beater... :D

Edited by spritzer

Dude, everyone knows you just have to flip the PSX upside down and then it beats $1k dedicated CD players easy.

I did try it with some mod to the output and while it isn't great, it wasn't bad either. Slow, soft and very colored which suits some people.

Better yet, figure out how to write FLACs to an N64 cartridge, and load a homebrew app on there to play them. Pure win?

Pure win.

Now that is pure win. I wonder what codec they used for the sound on the stock machine and has anybody any idea how large the memory is in those cartridges?

I wonder what codec they used for the sound on the stock machine and has anybody any idea how large the memory is in those cartridges?

I'm looking into the codec, but the memory was between 32mb and 64mb, depending on the game. Step 1: drop 128gb on flash on one of them.

Met with Matt for a couple of beers last night while I was up there on business. He delivered about 9 bottles of Cigar City brews to me. I also picked up a bottle of BHH 23 on the way home when I spotted a liquor store while looking for a place to buy a sandwich for the 4 hour ride home.

Weird-lookin' DAC. :)
Innit. I got a XLR-TRS adapter and plugged the output of one of my CD transports into the "input" jack on this thing and it just made funny noises....?
Oh holy hell. What cab are you pairing that with, and when can I play it?
This is just a pre so it's going with a Crest CA9 power amp... for the moment I'm borrowing a MarkBass 4x10 but digging around to figure out what to buy.... really want a Bergantino NV610 but I am a weakling and would look like a douche rolling into normal sized bars with such a rig I think...... will probably end up with a couple smaller Bergies.... as for playing, any time you roll through Vancouver!

Is using 3rd party firmware (WRT54G series 4) worth it if you don't want to fuck with settings much? If so, which one?
grawk and cetoole told me about this: DD-WRT :: News

But I have a v6 and it was going to be a pain in the ass.

I have a WRT54G v5 and am running DD-WRT micro on it. With the stock Stinkpiss.....er.......Linksys firmware, the fucking thing couldn't route its way out of a wet paper bag with a goddamn machete...... now it's indistinguishable from plugging my hackintosh straight into the cable modem. Install was only slightly cunty, good guides out there. Easy on a v4. GO FOR IT!

sweet! I have no idea if thats a good keyboard or not but its always cool when people buy music MAKING equipment :)

It is a fairly inexpensive one for a five-year old just starting to learn the piano. But it is nice to buy something that is able to create music rather than just recreate it.