Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I already have a Trends UD10.1 for my USB to coaxial/spdif conversion. but it tops out at 44.1kHz, so I just placed an order for this to see how it does (it goes to 192kHz). Musiland Monitor USD 01:

Monitor01USD.jpg

NOTE: I don't have any material other than CD's. I have some vinyl, bu tno means to do needle-drops. Regardless, you never know when I might acquire some high resolution files, like these free ones here, that I will use for testing when the unit arrives:

http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html

Please post some comparisons against the Trends when you have time. :) Also have you tired using a PSU for the UD10.1?

IMPORTANT NOTE TO MY PREVIOUS POST: The Trends is currently feeding my DAC with a BNC connection at the Trends side to a RCA connection at the DAC end. I don't even remember why I decided to go for this when I bought the cable many moons ago, but that's all I have at the time. No straight BNC to BNC (though I did place an order yesterday) or straight RCA to RCA connection (didn't order one of these, perhaps I should? I don't think I need one anyway, other than for testing purposes).

I have not tried using a PSU as I remember that when I bought it the merchant told me to be careful with what wallwarts I use since some customers were returning messed up units after that.

But that was a long time ago (like, 2 years ago I think?).

I do use it with the external battery pack, but I forget to recharge batteries sometimes and just use the Trends thru USB. I've read other audio forums where people use a $250 PSU upgrade that's also used for the Squeezebox, but the Trends itself is half that almost... not the way I like to spend my money. I forget the name of that PSU...

Now, the Musiland Monitor USD doesnt have an external power source, so it draws energy straight from USB port, which might be a disadvantage compared to the Trends.

It so happens that I just ran across this, and might order one to see if it makes any discernible difference with either unit (it's a cable that splits into two USB cables to draw extra power from an additional USB port):

usbextrapower.jpg

6ft USB 2.0 One B Male to Two A Male Y-Cable - Cables To Go

I'll let you know what happens. If I don't, it's because I forgot, so please remind me.

I already have a Trends UD10.1 for my USB to coaxial/spdif conversion. but it tops out at 44.1kHz, so I just placed an order for this to see how it does (it goes to 192kHz). Musiland Monitor USD 01

My trends unit goes to 48kz. Dunno if it goes higher than that because the DAC only does up to 48kz input.

Yeah, $150 is a no-brainer, even I would have begged, borrowed, or stolen the money to do that.

Sony's arrived today. They need new pads (knew about this when I bought them; kuboTEN FTW) and I had to get out the sewing kit and fix the headband (didn't know about this but no biggie). The headband is still slightly loose and it would be nice to replace it but really isn't needed. They are some of the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn.

Started out with Beck/Sea Change (MoFI) and then switched to my goto work music Bach Oster-Oratorium (harmonia mundi). Soundstage is great. They came alive with the Bach. Enjoying them so far...

Audio-Technica AD2000. They better not suck.

Yay! I hope they're all you're expecting and more. :dotu:

Here's some stuff I got within the past couple months up until today:

- AKG K702

- Analysis Plus Black Oval 12 8' speaker cable (for an imminent speaker purchase)

- Woo Audio 22 (silver) (not here yet)

- Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro (black)

- Hitachi 100GB ATA-66 7200rpm 2.5" laptop HDD (upgrade for current 40GB)

- Enigma Audio Mimetes power cord w/ Wattgate 5266/320 plugs

- Western Digital 1 TB Elements external HDD (the case is awesome, true tank-like build quality)

- 2GB Crucial DDR3 SDRAM module (tri-channel upgrade for i7 920 desktop PC)

- Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 (black) (current ES7 had developed a malfunction)

- Isoclean Tip Toe Base Small set of 4

- HeadAmp Pico USB DAC/amp (silver)

- Stax SR-404 LE (Elusive Disc's stock got delayed for 2 months!)

Audio-Technica AD2000. They better not suck.

Colin, what amp will you be using with them? I remember loving them out of the GLite, which surprised me. Then I heard them out of a Cary rig (Xciter maybe?) and it was ear-splitting awful. But perhaps that was due to the fact that the source was spewing out Metallica's classical music--disgusting.

Colin, what amp will you be using with them? I remember loving them out of the GLite, which surprised me. Then I heard them out of a Cary rig (Xciter maybe?) and it was ear-splitting awful. But perhaps that was due to the fact that the source was spewing out Metallica's classical music--disgusting.

The synergy with a gilmore lite is pretty much ridiculous, but yeah that d3a/e810f (Nikongod and I will follow suit at some point) should be ridiculous x5 ;p

^ I did cancel my previous pre-order. I ordered them again. I figured I would give them a fair shake on my own amp before completely dismissing them. spritzer's positive impressions were also kind of a factor. ;) And I saw they were finally in stock at Elusive Disc today, just in time for RMAF. I took that to be a sign. And I was still hesitant about the 4070.