Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Yep, it's going to go with the gilmore lite for now, need to get some xlr to rca interconnects now, probably will go with signalcable

Double god move let us know what you think. For the very brief time I had the Neko Dac I thought it was very good.

Monkey, if I had taken numbs to the vet it would have cost me even more in vinyl. John is the HC gateway drug to audio perdition.............:P

Edited by Augsburger

Yeah I often think about all that Mac Fanboi stuff when I carry three separate ithingees to work every day.

Mac Pro, Mac Mini (4), MacBook Pro, iMac, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPhone 4, iPad, Magic Mouse (2), Magic Trackpad, PowerMac G4, Airport Extreme.

Edited by VPI

Mac Mini, MBP, iPhone, iPod Classic, Airport Extreme and Airport Express. This doesn't include my families MacBooks, iPhones and assorted iPods.

Edit: Magic Trackpad for office which I hope to have working on windows in bootcamp tomorrow.

Edited by tyrion

As of today I'm blissfully apple free.

I think I'm going to follow your path when my 2007 MacBook dies (I'll keep my iPod Touch though). I'm not a fan of how Apple has been acting with its customers lately and also how they've pretty much stopped improving user functionality on OS X.

Edited by GPH

Woot...new computer finally. Now I can run those games on ultra settings.:D

-Intel Core i5-760

-EVGA GTX 460 1GB superclocked

-4gb DDR3 @1333MHz (nothing special)

I opted for an H55 chipset motherboard since it was cheaper than a P55 chipset and I wasn't planning on running SLI anyways. It suits the needs fine since the single PCIe 2.0 slot runs at 16x bandwidth and i'm only going to use one discrete GPU. This is gunna kick ass, that new Nvidia GTX 460 is really a steal at its price bracket.

AXP600_Main_2.jpg

I think I'm going to follow your path when my 2007 MacBook dies (I'll keep my iPod Touch though). I'm not a fan of how Apple has been acting with its customers lately and also how they've pretty much stopped improving user functionality on OS X.

I don't really have an issue with their business model or the way they do business, they just don't happen to really make a device that works the way that I want it to. There's no perfect one device for everyone, and for me the iphone coupled with AT&T was the worst phone that I ever owned. I finally realized that I want a phone to act like a phone first, if it's also a pretty capable little mobile computer great. But I'm done making excuses for device functionality in the name of a great user-experience especially in light of the fact that Apple's own update largely ruined that user experience edge that the phone previous held over others.

Their computers simply cannot run the software that I want to run in an affordable manner (or in some cases at all). If they work for what you want to do they are, in my experience, great and I'd have no qualms recommending them.

-Intel Core i5-760

One 4GB chip or 2 2GB chips in dual channel? In any case, time to get to losing to koreans.:)

I have never owned an Apple product, and don't see myself owning one anytime in the near future. Don't want to be caught among the hordes of sheeple.:D

The last time I had an HD800, I had only the HeadAmp AE-2; this time, a Nugget Audio B22! :D (Among other amps that need not be named.) Also, Kick-Ass Blu-Ray/DVD combo set.

th_nb22_x1.jpg

(click for larger)

-Intel Core i5-760

I opted for an H55 chipset motherboard since it was cheaper than a P55 chipset and I wasn't planning on running SLI anyways. It suits the needs fine since the single PCIe 2.0 slot runs at 16x bandwidth and i'm only going to use one discrete GPU. This is gunna kick ass, that new Nvidia GTX 460 is really a steal at its price bracket.

axp600_main_2.jpg

That's a sweet-lookin' case. Custom-built your PC, eh? If you're running Win 7, you might want to put more RAM in there - you could probably take advantage of tri-channel too. ;)