Post what you're watching

deepak

I'm loving the second season of Fargo (loved the first season too).

The characters are fantastic. 90% are so friggin clueless that it can drive you a little nuts but that's just part of the fun.

I wondered why the episodes were an hour 20 min but I think that maybe the show is a full 60 minutes (plus 20 min of non-show)?

If you love the Coen Brothers, you'll probably agree with me.

• Like 3

On 11/22/2015, 4:57:59, ironbut said:

I'm loving the second season of Fargo (loved the first season too).

The characters are fantastic. 90% are so friggin clueless that it can drive you a little nuts but that's just part of the fun.

I wondered why the episodes were an hour 20 min but I think that maybe the show is a full 60 minutes (plus 20 min of non-show)?

If you love the Coen Brothers, you'll probably agree with me.

Didn't realize there was a Fargo tv show, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Homeland -- this is such a great fucking show.

Finished Man in the High Castle and caught up on Game of Thrones -- both are outstanding.  I particularly like the character of Juliana Crane -- she's so submissive, presents such a meek front, and yet such a deeply complex character.  Kind of hate the soap opera/love triangle aspect of it, though.  I doubt that will go away with season two, though.

Yeah...watchable by others, maybe.  I have to admit, I loved the whole cold war aspect of it, and would have been happy with that if it just had gone totally bleak like the whole Arnold/mother/sister subplot aspect, or the constant references as to who would or wouldn't need to commit Seppuku.

Or the fact that ever single actor took the 1.93 seconds it took to pronounce ' Obergruppenführer ' correctly every single fucking time.

I thought it was great, thought I already said that, but looking back, I may have muddled it.  Well worth watching once at least, methinks.  I think I find the whole concept of love triangles uncomfortable, especially when they play one of the characters as "deserving" of better.  I realize this is a completely unrealistic aversion to have, so just suggesting to take my above criticism with a larger grain of salt than usual.

On 1/3/2016 at 8:44 PM, Dusty Chalk said:

Foyle's War, season 9

Unholy carp, that was fantastic.  I don't remember liking season 8 very much, too cold war-ly, but this was even more cold war-ly, mayhaps sometime between then and now I "bought in"?  Anyway, may revisit season 8 at some point, see if I got over myself.  Or whatever it was, the problem.

Thoroughly enjoyed Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

Started watching Catastrophe on Amazon the other night and we ended up watching all 6 episodes of Season 1.  Hilarious.  Kind of like You're the Worst, but they're not quite that bad.  At times Lauren & I were worried we were going to wake Penelope up we were laughing so hard.