Post what you're watching

deepak

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 8:53 PM, blessingx said:

Nostalgia chills 

IMG_1153.gif

The V Files: The Shocking Legacy of an ’80s Sci-Fi Cult Classic
Hollywood backstabbing, conspiracy theories, and the devastating murder of a star behind the TV alien-invasion sensation.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2023/05/the-v-files-legacy

Edited by Grahame
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think Pan Am desperately wanted to be a female Mad Men in the skies in 2011... with a bit of Catch Me If You Can.

They threw a lot of money at the show, but one of the reviewers mentioned it might have done better with the streaming services than network TV, due to the potentially adult nature of the storylines. I haven't seen the whole season... wasn't sure if this episode was available to help promote Barbie or for something else.

Edited by HiWire

Hey, if we’re going through unsuccessful TV shows, any thoughts, or even remember, Normal, Ohio? John Goodman’s gay character moves from California back home to Ohio and Roseanne-style family hijinks (augmented with laugh-track) commence. Never heard of it, but been watching available episodes on YT (sadly not HD). 

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, swt61 said:

I may check it out, though I feel that I've lived it. Well, minus the hijinks anyway.

I'd be curious your response if you ever have interest. According to Wiki (also referencing this) it seems some criticized the character as being only "heterosexual, but gay", or I guess more bluntly, not gay enough (he sings show tunes, but "unrealistically" likes football and beer too). Maybe it was too early for either audiences or critics or at least when some were understandably concerned with utility of representation, but criticism seems more than a little strange 20+ years later. And only seven of the twelve episodes ever aired. Wasn't given much of a chance. Still can't believe I've never heard a reference to this show.   

spacer.png

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 1