What TV show are you watching now?

Torpedo

16 hours ago, TMoney said:

I thought this started strong, but by the end I hated it. Less up its own ass than season 2, but only just.

I didn't hate it, but I thought the ending was crap. At least the part you know I'm talking about. 

One thing that might have had me liking it more than some was the way they got village life above the Arctic Circle so much better than most. I feel like they actually did some research. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dsavitsk said:

@swt61 @TMoney If you are interesting in AK life, Northern Exposure is available to stream on Amazon. I have vague memories of liking it from when it was on, and it turns out to be pretty good.

p7895471_b_v13_aa.jpg

Yep. Watched it back in the day. Was actually filmed in Washington, but still pretty faithful to remote Alaskan life.

Formula_1_Drive_to_Survive.jpg

Drive to Survive, Season 6

Another absolutely fabulous season from these guys. It is not hyperbole to say that this show has changed the landscape of professional sports documentary (if not professional sports themselves).

The access DTS's crew gets is unparalleled. I cannot believe the intimate moments they are able to capture on audio and video. These people are not professional actors. The only way you get those types of moments is to be in as many places as often as you can. The production budget must be truly insane.

I devoured the 10 episodes in two days when I should have been packing up my apartment. I think this show is an amazing complement to watching the races, as there is just no other way to get this kind of insider access. I can't wait for the next season of races (and eventually the next season of DTS).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Clive isn't really my type, but I am a fan of his acting. The idea is interesting though. Sam Spade finds himself in a small French village after retiring, and of course a mystery insues. 

It's mostly successful, although it gets a little convoluted at times. All in all an interesting watch.

15 hours ago, TMoney said:

Finished Masters of the Air. Lovely show. I’m glad they made it. A most worthy successor to Band of Brothers. 

I also watched it and the documentary the bloody 100th right after it.

My dad was a egineer on a B17 during WW2 so I had some interest in the show.

I also got to fly in a B17 at a air show with my son at a air show at the air power museum  on Long Island

• Like 6

5 hours ago, bozebuttons said:

I also watched it and the documentary the bloody 100th right after it.

My dad was a egineer on a B17 during WW2 so I had some interest in the show.

I also got to fly in a B17 at a air show with my son at a air show at the air power museum  on Long Island

Same here. My grandpa was a navigator on a B-17. I told my dad he needs to watch it.

• Like 2