Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Tomorrow night - Periods of snow, heavy at times, in the evening will transition to a wintry mix overnight. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. 5 to 8 inches of snow and ice expected.

It won't be above freezing until Saturday. Check out the forecast for the day Thursday - Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper teens and lows -4 to 0F.

Very bitter week for NC.

Dropped to the 20/30s this morning in South Florida. Heard this couple talking outside the breezeway as I was walking to class..."why don't all these scientists look at the fucking thermometers...global warming is just another way for them to control us and make us buy shit we don't need." 

Really hope the pair aren't in my college. 

Even a dusting can be a PITA. Just landed back in England and have been sitting on the taxiway for an hour now after a brief, apparently unexpected, flurry left every single departing aircraft at Gatwick with just enough visible snow on the wings to require deicing. We are number three in line for 777 stands as they do start to open up -- so I reckon it'll be a good while yet. Poop.

Drove around trying to find some heat cable without success. Spent an hour or two outside to try and clear our stupid downspout and get a freeze proof tap to flow. Both were failures.

We are scheduled to move on the 2nd/3rd I hope this cold snap has broken by then but the long term forecast is not looking good.

Edit: Turns out that the pipe needed a few minutes for the heat to make it to the frozen part and I came back downstairs to hear it pouring water out (it is one of those 1/4 turn ones and I couldn't remember which way was off). Anyway that appears to now be working.

Also the weather prediction 10 days out looks pretty good for the move. :)

Edited by Dreadhead