The Headcase pico Lovefest: Post your impressions here

thrice

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

I have to check the ones that paid in the past few days that may be before you but you're probably in the next 1-2 groups to ship

My inbox is a mess right now...all kinds of requests... "ship to this address in the UK but ONLY if it will be delivered before 1/11, if not ship to this address in the USA, and if it wont arrive by 1/21 change the color to silver and upgrade the shipping to express and make sure you make the serial # the same as the date it ships"

"ship to this address in the UK but ONLY if it will be delivered before 1/11, if not ship to this address in the USA, and if it wont arrive by 1/21 change the color to silver and upgrade the shipping to express and make sure you make the serial # the same as the date it ships"

justin, i haven't ordered a black w/ clear knob yet, but if I do order one before valentines day and request a blue finish with clear sides i'll actually need the black with clear knob, if it is delivered to my vacation home. otherwise just stick with the original clear sides and gold knobs, since if it comes in at work i'll need it before mardi gras anyway. ty. also cancel my order.

justin, i haven't ordered a black w/ clear knob yet, but if I do order one before valentines day and request a blue finish with clear sides i'll actually need the black with clear knob, if it is delivered to my vacation home. otherwise just stick with the original clear sides and gold knobs, since if it comes in at work i'll need it before mardi gras anyway. ty. also cancel my order.

actually just regular black sent to my billing address is fine. ty.

I want a pink one with alternating layers of clearcoat and white paint to give it a pink foundation and a milky white translucent glow. thaxs. for serial number, i would like "(>'-')>" markered in with pink perm pigment liner. thanks again justin. Ill pay the exorbitant amount of $500+shipping for this reasonably customized piece.

My inbox is a mess right now...all kinds of requests... "ship to this address in the UK but ONLY if it will be delivered before 1/11, if not ship to this address in the USA, and if it wont arrive by 1/21 change the color to silver and upgrade the shipping to express and make sure you make the serial # the same as the date it ships"

Mark that down as reason number 932 on the list of reason why NOT to become an MOT.

So "gunmetal" is "grey"?

So is "opalescent" an option? No, I don't want it for myself -- I'll be doing some mixture of transparent and black.

Can I request a serial number if it hasn't been taken yet? I don't want to wait hundreds 'til the numbers increment to my number. Looks like #13 is already taken, though.

Because you're so much smarter than they are.

Given that economists have a less than 50% accuracy rate on predicting which way oil prices are headed, and that most of them still believe oil's headed back down to $65 a barrel once OPEC/Russia/Canada/Mexico/insert country ramps up production, I'd say yes. Or rather, my information sources, that being Matthew R. Simmons, Kenneth Deffeyes, and the guys at theoildrum.com are a hell of a lot smarter than the pie in the sky economists & traders.

Given that oil production has stagnated since the peak in 2005, and that stockpiles & inventories in the US have dropped by nearly 20% in the last year alone, it's a sure bet that prices are headed up, not down. In fact, in inflation adjusted dollars, we are now just a few dozen cents below the all-time high set in 1979 during Iranian hostage crisis.

peak oil won't matter once i perfect my perpetual oil producing machine. should be any day now. i'm looking for investors, too.

hello i cna invest $1,000,000 in your enterprise kind sir. i am priest of small s. african church and when were oil fields to bless the jesus christ child. pls provide me with ABA/routing number and account

Given that economists have a less than 50% accuracy rate on predicting which way oil prices are headed, and that most of them still believe oil's headed back down to $65 a barrel once OPEC/Russia/Canada/Mexico/insert country ramps up production, I'd say yes. Or rather, my information sources, that being Matthew R. Simmons, Kenneth Deffeyes, and the guys at theoildrum.com are a hell of a lot smarter than the pie in the sky economists & traders.

Given that oil production has stagnated since the peak in 2005, and that stockpiles & inventories in the US have dropped by nearly 20% in the last year alone, it's a sure bet that prices are headed up, not down. In fact, in inflation adjusted dollars, we are now just a few dozen cents below the all-time high set in 1979 during Iranian hostage crisis.

The inflation adjustments for the USD make this so, but thats for peopel who spend in USD. For us in the UK, $100 is worth about ?0.37 at the minute. So our costs are lower (correct me if I'm wrong).

Of course, we are hovering at around the ?1 per LITRE mark for petrol atm. So even if the exchange rate is doing anything to help us against the barrel cost, its all for nothing against Big Gordies taxes.

White balance issues aside, I am psyched to also recieve a bronze Pico. I've loved that finish since I first saw it on an AE-2, and it happens to mate well with the L3000.

Don't forget to give us an update. I really interest on how the L3000 will sound out of the Pico. Also wonder if the amp section inside the pico is comparable to a home amp like the stock and maxed out PPA.

Don't forget to give us an update. I really interest on how the L3000 will sound out of the Pico. Also wonder if the amp section inside the pico is comparable to a home amp like the stock and maxed out PPA.

I guess I could also post some Pico + L3000 impressions once I receive mine. I expect it to arrive next week, since at least one other EU customer further back in the preorder queue than me has received his yesterday.

The inflation adjustments for the USD make this so, but thats for peopel who spend in USD. For us in the UK, $100 is worth about ?0.37 at the minute. So our costs are lower (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'll have to check the charts over on TOD to be sure, but as I recall the UK, EU, and Canada are paying the equivalent of roughly $70-85 US for a barrel of oil right now. In Canada for instance, we should've been at around $1.15-$1.20 per litre gas this summer, but thanks to the USD taking a dive we were paying around $1.00 or so.

Of course, we are hovering at around the ?1 per LITRE mark for petrol atm. So even if the exchange rate is doing anything to help us against the barrel cost, its all for nothing against Big Gordies taxes.

Yeah, and despite all the high prices they're still running short of petrol in some places. Prices still haven't hit the point where they're really starting to hurt people.

It's possible that the gas price will drop again, even though we're at a record high for oil barrels right now. Nevertheless, the overall trend will be an increase in fossil fuel prices across the board.

Back on topic - the Pico looks real purty and is handy with that optional DAC. It probably sounds good - (un)fortunately, I don't understand the market for portable headphone amps. The demand is certainly there... congrats to those who have received their amps.

(un)fortunately, I don't understand the market for portable headphone amps. The demand is certainly there... congrats to those who have received their amps.

The pico is an entire transportable setup, that can be taken anywhere with a USB port to use a good guality source and amplification.

Back on topic - the Pico looks real purty and is handy with that optional DAC. It probably sounds good - (un)fortunately, I don't understand the market for portable headphone amps. The demand is certainly there... congrats to those who have received their amps.

The pico is an entire transportable setup, that can be taken anywhere with a USB port to use a good guality source and amplification.

I think the Pico will be great for office or dorm solution. I would not mind having one but how the Pico measure up to a Maxed Out PPA or M3 with an Alien DAC sonically.

I would not mind having one but how the Pico measure up to a Maxed Out PPA or M3 with an Alien DAC sonically.

Are you trying to match budget-wise? Size wise, there is obvioulsy no comparison, and the pico lends itself to portability. Makes much more sense for an office/dorm rig than a MMM and a $30 alien DAC