Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Yep.  Basically, there are no other options for new customers.  Current customers are obviously grandfathered in and can make changes to their voice/data plans.

I think this (along with Verizon already doing the same thing) effectively stops a lot of current AT&T customers form switching to Verizon and vice versa.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

On a separate note, anyone get Apple leather case for 5s?  Any thoughts?

I did, in red - it is very nice! I haven't dropped my phone yet though.  It is very snug and pretty slim.  

I would also like to note that the apple keyboard is so much better than the stock Android keyboard and just a bit behind Swype IMO. 

Edited by shellylh

I did, in red - it is very nice! I haven't dropped my phone yet though.  It is very snug and pretty slim.

Well, hope you don't drop it anytime soon. I thought about getting another Otterbox Defender but the damn thing makes the phone really bulky, and obviously won't work with the fingerprint sensor.

I returned my iPhone 5s before the return period was up (30 days with Apple but 14 days with ATT to keep the subsidy available for another phone). The accelerometer was too far off level and no fix in sight yet. All my race cars drive into the left wall if I hold the phone level (see photo).

I'll order another one in a few weeks when Apple acknowledges the issue and has a solution. Or, I'll spend the money on a retina iPad mini if they announce one on 10/22.

post-905-0-51632200-1382074864_thumb.jpg

I never checked mine, just because I don't play any accellerometer-based games or use the level.  I just checked and it appears to be OK.  Whew... Non-crisis averted.

same

So you both got a 5s with a properly calibrated accelerometer?  I was reading a thread at macrumors.com where only 6% out of 158 people had a 5s that read "0" on a level surface.  I figured that the only people who'd go there to find the poll and reply would be the ones with a problem, not the people whose phone is fine.  But the first 4 phones I checked on display were also off by 1-3 degrees - it could be almost everyone with the problem, or only a few hundred of us.

I was willing to return it for a replacement and see if that fixed the problem, but they didn't have a 64GB ATT version anywhere in Colorado at the time.

they must save the ones that are slightly miscalibrated for the people who are neurotic.

As well as saving them for the display units? I went back to the Apple store and all of their 5s were off by 1-4 degrees. You saw how much I had to tilt mine to read level (2.5 - 3.0 degrees) which threw off everything from racing games and night sky viewing star charts, and panoramic photos. I did agree to a replacement, but they had no 64GB ATT, and to ship one in 1-3 weeks would have put me past my return period.

Seriously, did some of you guys not see how screwed up mine was in the photo I posted? It's like the fucking leaning tower of Pisa!

Panoramic photos are completely screwed, and skewed at an angle. One can't enjoy games with it when you have to hold it at the angle in the photo to go straight. I must be holding it wrong.

There is no way to universally recalibrate a new iPhone 5s right now, and I didn't want to deal with this issue in a new phone. I'll simply buy a new one when the problem is resolved. Ain't nothing wrong with my iPhone 5 or 4s.

I'm happier to wait until they figure it out, but as of right now they won't even acknowledge the problem despite dozens of tech news sites, magazines, and users posting about the issue.

post-905-0-36455400-1382255427_thumb.jpg

Edited by HeadphoneAddict