Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Nice farewell, Ric.

RIP iPhone 5 wherever you are. Bury it, and move on (says the man who has dunked 2 iPhones in salt water. One dropped whilst doing honest work, one taking a long walk off a short dock in Bimini after a night of too much rum). Did you know you can sell a non working, water damaged iPhone for $150 on eBay? Nice subsidy for a night of drinking too much ... Like finding money in old pants or couch cushion.

• 2 weeks later...

SENA Magia leather wallet case for iPhone 5 -

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Got the SENA Magia wallet case for the iphone. i like to consolidate and have fewer things. This does that -- almost. It can only hold 3 cards, and I typically carry 6. The day will come when I don't have the card I need, but I will do my best for now. The banks could do better here - there's no reason cards still need raised numbers, so they could get rid of those, and reduce the thickness of the plastic. You can fit 2 cards into each slot, but then they wallet will not close properly, and the magnet isn't strong enough to hold it. With 3 cards the wallet is about 3/4" thick. The phone is just thin enough for this to not be annoying in a front pocket. The phone is held into place by an adhesive pad that says it leaves no residue, but my guess is after a year or two it will have caused some discoloration to the anodizing on the back of the phone. Or, the surrounding area of the phone will have started to oxidize and change color. sort of like a rug on a hardwood floor. Will have to wait and see. But I like how the tape method doesn't add any additional thickness. I don't like the "Genuine Leather" stamp on the inside. It makes the product look cheaper than it really is.

6 month update: wallet is doing well, the leather has softened and has not torn yet.  2 of the corners are wearing because the phone is not perfectly centered in the case because the hole on the back for the camera is positioned too high, which is leaving the leather corners at the bottom of the wallet exposed for more wear.  the magnetic clasp has not started to tear yet, however the magnet does prevent use of the compass app or other apps that use this function.  for 1-year upgraders, this case should last that long, but 2 years may be a stretch.

Edited by justin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen an update lately, but since ATT added LTE to Colorado Springs in the past week we've gotten poor service (me and son).  Our iPhone 5s frequently switch back and forth between LTE, 4G, 3G, E and o

We often can't use data without going to airplane mode and back to get it to lock onto some kind of data for a while.

• 2 months later...

Impatiently awaiting both the 5S and the new iPad. Need to get everyone in this house on the same fucking connector. The 5 will then become the first generation of iPhone that I didn't own. Never saw a compelling reason to upgrade early from the 4S, but our mobile provider is now about to turn on LTE in our area of Cape Town and I want that capability.

Edited by Hopstretch

My 7 month old iPhone 3 has a intermittent problem.  Sometimes when I turn off ringing and leave it off for a while (over 1 day), when I turn ringing back on, the iPhone doesn't recognize that and I have no sound.  When it first started, recycling power would fix it.  Now, I need to hook it up to a charger to fix it.  So far it's just annoying.

Yesterday, I dropped by the local Apple Store to see if it could be fixed.  I needed a reservation and they were booked for the rest of the day (I went in about 5 pm).  This makes be wonder if that many Apple products were failing.  I think I'll try an Android or another phone when I have to replace this one.

It says "Speck".  Oops, that's the cover.  Its Model No. is A1303.  After looking it up, you are correct, it's a 3GS.

Since I don't know the difference between a 3, 3G and 3GS, it doesn't matter much to me.  It does matter to the Genius who will give me a replacement tomorrow, though.