Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

How is the hole in case for the headphone jack? I'm still searching for a JH13 connector friendly case.

The hole is oversized and fits all my portable headphones, but it's a little too small for the 1/8" plug on my APS V3 cable. However it does have room for the 1/8" plug on a Whiplash Audio 1/8" plug.

Here is a photo of the plug Whiplash uses with the TWag cable that fits the Gelli Case:

web.jpg?ver=12780310490001

Here is a photo of the plug from APS that does NOT fit the Gelli case:

web.jpg?ver=12780310460001

The explanation really makes on sense to me. Having said that I have had no problems making a call. I just held my phone in the death grip, the signal strength went from 5 to 2 or 3 after about a minute, I kept holding it while I made a call. The call went through fine and the reception was clear. Maybe I'm lucky but it just hasn't been a problem for me. My area is pretty good for ATT coverage so that may be the reason.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that iOS4 for the 3G is just a evil trick by Apple to get people to upgrade their phone? If I actually had to use my phone right now I would be pretty bothered by the way it performs.

I believe there's a genuine technical issue. Bar measurements aside, there are simply times when I can't get a text message out without shifting my grip. It's that kind of symptom, and not bar display, that I care about.

I am annoyed that this problem exists, and will be more annoyed if it's not fixed. I am considering the return-for-refund option. But if I'm honest, phone and SMS are sufficiently small parts of my overall use of the thing that it's fairly ignorable problem in my case, so I'll probably wind up keeping it.

maybe this will help. the explanation really does make perfect sense, when compared to the in depth anandtech review, but i think it's a bit disingenuous. i also bet that the patch they are going to release will re-calibrate the base-band and actually fix the issue (otherwise, why would it take weeks to come out?). for whatever reason, Apple doesn't seem to want to actually admit that there is a functional issue. it's too bad.

agreed, Apple will never and can never admit to or say anything towards an Antenna (functional Hardware) problem..they would be shooting themselves in the foot for class action suit's (there is one pending already). they will say what they said in the press release and fix anything else in the patch without saying much of what they are doing. i have a feeling the proxy sensor is worked out in this update also among a bunch of other stuff Apple will call "bug fix's". from all the 3G owner complaints to the iphone 4 owner problems this update will be well taken when it comes. its good to know i can return the phone anytime in three weeks and get full money back though actually thats awesome!

^ I've read somewhere that iOS4 chooses which cell signal to use differently than previous iPhone OS, which may be contributing to signal issue with 3GS owners who upgraded to iOS4. I've no clue if this is actually the case. I'll see if I can dig up the article.

I've read that the phone doesn't choose the closest tower but the one with the least congestion.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that iOS4 for the 3G is just a evil trick by Apple to get people to upgrade their phone? If I actually had to use my phone right now I would be pretty bothered by the way it performs.
Me too! As soon as I heard iPhone 4 wasn't 4G, it struck me as "just another upgrade".

I think we are witnessing the peak of Apple as we know it. The response to the antenna issue is the height of corporate arrogance. And corporations like Apple are basically supposed to act that way. I wonder if the fonbois will finally begin to realize that Apple is just another company, albeit a very successful one, and not some benevolent force.

EDIT: and such arrogance is so often followed by a terrible fall. Waxen wings and whatnot...

6c94cae0.jpg

This may seem liked a seriously flawed pic but if i told you there was a clear Belkin cover over mounted on the iPhone upside covering the lens when the pic was taken would you give the photo any credit for being in focus? in life The dog is white and so are the walls but how the camera focused right threw the clear rubber case is beyond me..remember the bottom of the case was on over the top of the iPhone..WTF?

i hit tap to focus a few times but when you're dealing with a husky that don't like anything pointed at him your timing won't be long. i still can't believe the focus the camera got while looking threw clearish rubber..

then again the yellowish coloring kind of makes it hipster like, lots of northsiders would love this "feature"

Anyone else having email issues with OS 4? When I have the "Organize by Thread" functioned turned on I keep getting phantom emails placed into exisiting groups. For example, if I have 3 emails from someone that are group into one item with a '3' next to it (and I have other groups of emails with varying #'s as well). I'll check email and it will tell me that I downloaded 2 emails but they won't be new. I'll look and the email group with '3' before will now be '4' but there is no 4th email. The other "new" email will get put into another group. Only way I can get the phone to correctly display the '3' again is a phone reset. I don't normally power my iPhone down or do a reset that often so I've been just letting it happen. It's more annoying than anything else. At least it groups the emails correctly...