Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

I'm with you, Mike, I fail to see how the bars displaying differently will help with the capacitive coupling that is occurring between the two antennas, which would appear to be the real issue. Furthermore, emelius is right in saying that any sort of non-conductive insulating later between your hand and the phone should help.

the dog looks like a cute puppy dog to me.

I want a Droid X because I want a bigger screen. My primary concern with any smartphone is not video, audio, or apps, its that I have the most pleasant web browsing experience possible. Bigger screen = easier to read. Many moons remain on my iPhone contract, however.

I think I will go with the bumper or just try to hold differently. I don't see how the software fix that is supposed to be coming will help but I guess it's possible.

Would it be in bad taste to throw out a :rofl: ?

I hope so.

@Mike... try one of the rubber wristbands.

Here is an article (and some others to read from the same person) that you guys may find interesting dealing with what the "scotch tape" and bumpers will and won't do for reception... coming from someone who designs RF antennas. He was talking about things on TWiT this weekend, so if you have some free time (and care enough), maybe you should take a listen.

[url=http://www.antennasys.com/antennasys-blog/2010/6/26/hey-hold-the-phone-like-this.html]Hey, Hold the Phone!! (Like

It appears that I am having some trouble with the death grip. I dropped two calls with Jp, who was on a land line and I think it is a result of the way I was holding the phone. I will have my bumper next week but was hoping to go without a case.

did you hear a "deek deek deek" sound when the call was dropped? if not you may have a proxy issue!

Anyone else having big issues with AT&T lately, or more than normal I should say? My phone keeps spitting out "Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network" errors despite being in 5bar 3G coverage areas that have always worked just fine. My phone also randomly would not/could not find 3G service in down town Portsmouth this afternoon until I did a hard reset. After that it still gave me the data network error a couple of times.