Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

Billy, It just isn't right that you had to wait in line in the first place. And then to imagine that the asshole you finally talked to didn't give a damn about doing his job...wow, just fucking amazing! And I'm sure he probably promised at some point to do his job, as people were relying on him to do so. To just brush those people off like that is just unacceptable. Leading by example does give people like us at least some self satisfaction though.

...Oh wait...Uhm nevermind.

I've only had my phone for about 36 hours but so far I think the phone reception is better than my 3GS, even when I hold it in the dreaded death grip. The proximity sensor seems to be working fine for me. The screen shuts down when the phone is within an inch of my face. I also waited on line yesterday for about 5 minutes yesterday afternoon for the phone. I guess I am just lucky.

AppleInsider | Apple sued over iPhone 4 reception issues

Maybe you should get in on this Mike. :)

I would consider it if I were having a problem. So far no issue. Hopefully that will continue. Since I added the Zagg shield and my bumper has not arrived, I'm going without a case. I will make some calls today to test whether the reception issue is an issue for me.

In the end the X will be an F. For me at least, the iPhone as a video device is secondary to it's use as a phone, email device. If I want video, I have an iPad for that. The little extra real estate on the Evo and the X, would not cause me to watch more video on my phone but would add some size and heft to the phone that I typically keep in my shirt pocket.

Edited by tyrion

If you have to compensate for something with an oversized, completely useless in the sunlight screen, then more power to you.:D

I don't think it has the amoled one that had problems in the Nexus 1 so daylight shouldn't be an issue Mr. I carry a 45 instead of a 9mm size queen. :)

Mike, how are you liking the Zagg shield? I'm thinking about getting one, but I remember it being a pain to install and it being it sticky when I tried on an iPod couple of years back. Not that my iPhone will be coming in anytime soon.

I like it so far. I would go back at lunch today to have one installed on my iPad if I didn't have to go to the airport to pick up Jp. It's not quite as smooth as the screen without the shield but it works for me.

I carry a 9mm because I'm cheap and don't reload so shooting at the range can get pricey with a 45.

My evo 4g screen does not have a problem in sunlight, I can hold it any way I want, doesn't randomly turn on apps when I am using it and it fits in my hand as well as my 9mm. So I am happy. That being said, I would have an iPhone except AT&T is the suck, especially here. We only have edge and likely will for the foreseeable future. Sprint is more likely to flip the switch for 4g here before AT&T puts in 3g.

Uhh, no. Galaxy S is the official Samsung name. All the other names are the names that the carriers gave it to differentiate it from the same phone on other carriers.

Pretty funny that the Galaxy S has been picked up by the big 4 carriers.

I see. I wonder why they decided not to have a flash for the camera.