What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was planning on visiting my mother today, but i didn't particularly feel like exposing her to the flu, so i've been laying around my house. about to heat up a frozen pizza, and maybe even eat some of it, if i can manage.

YAY!

Happy flu day Reks, enjoy the soggy pizza :D

I'd visit my mother too but she's like 8,000 miles away and that's a long fucking trug in this damn snow.

That sucks, dude. >:(

How bad is the damage to the car and/or you?

My right front fender is pretty well bent, and is missing paint. The plastic bumper (I drive a Subaru Outback) appears to be fine, and the hood might be a little misaligned now. Truth is, I'm very lucky. Blasted thing came out of nowhere and leaped in front of me on a twisty dirt road.

:kitty:

Well as I stated yesterday, I dropped off the wifey's suv to get a set of new tires. Went home and checked in on office work. Working from home with the inner net is cool and I spend just as much time surfing and checking HC except I don't have any of the guilt. :P

I've spent most of the day with a couple of friends sharing this weird passion for music and audio of us. Wife joined us to eat at a japanese restaurant, then she went downtown for a walk and left us on our own to play with the system.

We've listened to some vinyl, also some FM radio, a wonderful live performance by Hilary Hahn of the Paganini 1st violin concerto and also an arrangement of the Goldberg variations for string trio... That TU-X1 tuner is my best source, no doubts.

Then we've changed to try some phones... Those CD3000 when paired with a good source and a good amp can sound really well. They were a terrific value for their price. I knew it, but having other people confirming it is kind of reassuring.

None of them understands how the hell I'm so interested on headphones having a decent speakers system. I feel deeply misunderstood hahahaha

Little neighborhood tradition, on New Years Day the guys on our street go down to The Chicken Bone en masse and treat hangovers with buckets of nuclear hot wings, pitchers of Newkie Brown and many, many games of darts.

Was a good time, though I think my stomach will not be thanking me.