What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch. Sounds like a nightmare all around. That must be a very difficult part of being a doctor.

Yes and no. It's very sad and quite tough when you face the moment of realizing nothing else can be done, and telling so to the relatives or the own patient. But it also has a good part which is reminding you how damn lucky you are. Kinda makes you appreciate better what you have and enjoying it while you have it.

Who knows, maybe this little girl can go through a few weeks more and in the meanwhile a kidney for her arises.

Went to work at 10am yesterday. Worked until 10am today. Drove home (2 hrs) in a snowstorm that was all show (poor visibility) and no go (not much stuck). Got home to a gift from San Francisco via Delaware, so now I need to find someone to drive to delaware with me for some heavy drinking.

Yesterday I did a recycling run, bought groceries, went to the bank, bought an area rug, a case of organic coffee soda (So. Good.) and a couple lampshades. I came home, watched the end of The Big Lebowski and got a TXT from a friend. Last night was the 13th anniversary party for the local goth night. It's not exactly my scene, but I decided to go anyway. I was there way back in '96, and I went to the 10th anniversary party (which was bonkers) and last night was comparatively tame. The music was better than previous years, mostly because the night's promoter canned the former head DJ sometime last year. It was largely a personality conflict (they're both raging asshats) but the loss of his DJing was a net gain for everyone else.

3290565653_8579445e07_b.jpg

I ran into my friend Felicia, whom I've known for 20 years, but hadn't seen since she got married. She was rather drunk but appeared to be having a good time.

3291250446_21d71292a3.jpg

As an aside, I finally figured out how to link to Flickr images without vBulletin munching the links. (Duhh) just remove the trailing slash from the URL.

Went to work at 10am yesterday. Worked until 10am today. Drove home (2 hrs) in a snowstorm that was all show (poor visibility) and no go (not much stuck). Got home to a gift from San Francisco via Delaware, so now I need to find someone to drive to delaware with me for some heavy drinking.

Oops. That came from a lot more than San Francisco but they must be damn efficient over there at DFH. :o Gotta alert the troops.

Last night was the 13th anniversary party for the local goth night. It's not exactly my scene, but I decided to go anyway. I was there way back in '96, and I went to the 10th anniversary party (which was bonkers) and last night was comparatively tame.

Ah, small world. I never went to Haven when I was in the area, but a lot of my friends did.

Yes and no. It's very sad and quite tough when you face the moment of realizing nothing else can be done, and telling so to the relatives or the own patient. But it also has a good part which is reminding you how damn lucky you are. Kinda makes you appreciate better what you have and enjoying it while you have it.

Who knows, maybe this little girl can go through a few weeks more and in the meanwhile a kidney for her arises.

Pediatrics and Oncology have to be the two toughest speacialties: my hat is off to you guys I don't know how you can do that day in day out.

Hitoridekimasu came to my place and we implemented on the B22 a switched attenuator which allows to choose to leave its 8x gain untouched or drop it down to 1.5x (more or less). Fantastic results ;D now I can listen to the PS-1 and other sensitive cans at comfortable levels having the volume pot away from its unbalanced lowest range (right channel louder than left one) and where it allows very fine loudness adjustments. Surprisingly, perhaps for the pot working in a range where it's more lineal or has better channel balance, it sounds a tad bit more open.

Thanks to Nate and Birgir who suggested the solution, and to Ti who provided the circuit diagram. Hitori calculated the resistor values to have the gain at the desired level. This B22 sounds damn good :jbl:

Thanks to Nate and Birgir who suggested the solution, and to Ti who provided the circuit diagram. Hitori calculated the resistor values to have the gain at the desired level. This B22 sounds damn good :jbl:

Could you possibly post it up here? I would really like to see how it was implemented! :)

Fixed some scientist big-wig's PowerPoint presentation to display correctly.

Its funny, you get all these PhD/MDs/etc, and half of them don't seem to understand that they need to cite their sources for images. We have people turning in images from Google Image Search with no info at all.

Isn't this basic common knowledge they teach in grade school? :palm:

what the hell.