What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the rest of the base cabinets for the main part of my kitchen assembled and in. Helped my father work out some of the annoying details involved with putting a new kitchen in a > 100 year old barn without a straight or plumb wall to be found. Ready for the concrete board backing for the backsplash and countertops. Really, really starting to get excited.

Got the rest of the base cabinets for the main part of my kitchen assembled and in. Helped my father work out some of the annoying details involved with putting a new kitchen in a > 100 year old barn without a straight or plumb wall to be found. Ready for the concrete board backing for the backsplash and countertops. Really, really starting to get excited.

I hope you had him straighten out those fucked up walls ;);D

Watched the caps beat the senators on tv. Then watched my kid's hockey practice. Then went grocery shopping. Then spent 3 hrs talking to my oldest kid about the choices he's making, and the repercussions of said choices...

Didn't watch any football. I have mixed feelings about who won the football game, as I grew up a steelers fan, but hate the penguins enough that it tainted all pittsburgh sports teams. Anyway, sounds like a good game, hope everyone enjoyed it.

Measured two windows for curtains. I feel so ...domestic.

Sorted health insurance paperwork, but did not deal with any of it.

Re-wired my headphone rig. Three new sets of cables, all going from the preamp. One pair of XLRs for the Quads, one pair of XLRs for the HRBD, one pair of RCA to 1/4"s for the Hafler. I spent the better part of an hour fighting that sodding Hafler. I still need to snake out the Kimber speaker cables from the back and dig out my TR2.

Submitted a fellowship application. Fingers crossed! :D

Finished my second y1. Still haven't got my SMD technique anywhere near perfected, but getting better :)

Nice Beefy, I'm listening to mine right now and I'm impressed.

I wonder if there's any easy way to lower the output, my mini3 is loud even a low volume and I'm getting a little imbalance..

Nice Beefy, I'm listening to mine right now and I'm impressed.

I wonder if there's any easy way to lower the output, my mini3 is loud even a low volume and I'm getting a little imbalance..

What is the gain on your Mini3? Dropping that down a notch would be the most obvious option.

From memory, there is also an alternative to the WM8501 DAC, the WM8759, that is virtually identical but outputs 0.5VRMS lower. Don't know that you want to try changing the DAC chip now though......

What is the gain on your Mini3? Dropping that down a notch would be the most obvious option.

From memory, there is also an alternative to the WM8501 DAC, the WM8759, that is virtually identical but outputs 0.5VRMS lower. Don't know that you want to try changing the DAC chip now though......

This one is a high power 5 gain. It works fine from a DAP that doesn't have quite the output of the Gamma. I think it's putting out about 2x the signal. Couple that with high amp gain and the volume knob hovers pretty low.

I need to get another mini3 with lower gain just for this purpose and keep the current one for strictly DAP use.

They sound seriously good though. My orthos have never sounded better.