What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I'd think most non-directional tires would have to be symmetrical, wouldn't it?

Yep, that's how I understand it too. I know of 3 types of tires:

Directional - meaning the pattern has to face forward at all times; most often these are tires that have "arrow"-like patterns

Symmetrical - can face anyway since the pattern is the same any way it is mounter

Asymmetrical - tires that has one side that has to face outside the other on the inside. can be rotated freely like symmetrical tires but needs to be mounted with the right side out from the start

Not today, but on Saturday I think I got food poisoning, which was not very fun to add on top of the bad cold I already had. Spent most of the last few days alternating between laying down and puking.

Once a long time ago a girlfriend said something very similar, scared the shit out of me :o ... luckily she was not pregnant. :cool:

Once a long time ago a girlfriend said something very similar, scared the shit out of me :o ... luckily she was not pregnant. :cool:

Yeah, I'd be a bit troubled if my sickness was due to pregnancy.

So if you had headphones on you could just close your eyes and pretend you're back at CanJam. :P

oh_you.jpg

Okay, the dinner was pretty wonderful, though the food was predictably awful. Saw dozens of former patients, some I hadn't seen for years, all doing very well. I was pretty much grinning the entire evening.

:)

Reminds you why you're in it in the first place. Another :)

Had class for a bit over 8hrs, came back to the hotel and sat out on the balcony and did homework for another hour plus. Just grabbed dinner at a local mexican place which was quite good and now I'm pleasantly plump and winding down for the night.

So how is Mexican food with Spam? :)

Another crazy day at the tower, tomorrow's the start of the NATO sumit her in Lisbon and ATC is going crazy with all the air defense procedures and whatnot! I'm not sure when Barack arrives, but I'll try to spot his little plane. (the tower I work is is about 5 miles from Lisbon's tower so we can see some of traffic approaching)

Birlfriend's birthday today, taking her out to dinner! :)

Just got back from a quick business trip to Monaco. Got "fogged in" and delayed a day in London and had to overnight there.

Sneaky bastards at British Airways allowed us to fully board the plane in Nice for an expected departure time of 11:05am, then waited for about 15 minutes (about the time we all started to wonder if there was a problem) to announce that we would be delayed for about 3 hours. Turned out to be a 4 hour delay.

Of course, they knew this all along, but wanted to keep us all contained.

Eh, no matter. The girl sitting next to me was fun to chat with. Just as cute as can be for an "almost 19" year old. She was bilingual (French), born in Monaco (uh, wealthy parents maybe?). Her family has "lived" at various times in Paris, London, San Francisco, Miami, Dubai, and several other places where they have homes or apartments. I asked if her parents "lived and worked" in those places. She laughed and said, "Oh, no... just lived... they've never really worked..." I think she was wearing about $10k of clothing, not counting the jewelry.

Magic?

I got fed up again without it and searched around for ideas. Last night there was a magical tube replacement done with some NOS 12AX7A after a looking over and some testing. I found a user guide online. Turns out that its a homemade Dynaco PAS-3 II with some mods done. I'm hoping it will sound better after the tubes burn in more, the 40 db gain is also a little over the top for this rig.