What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. We were very lucky. It was a strong microburst, but didn't make it into a tornado. If it had, given that it went straight down our street ... :eek:

We have a couple of trees down, my neighbor's gazebo was blown away taking his back deck with it and all the houses are absolutely plastered with shredded leaves, which I imagine will take power washing to remove. Could have been a lot worse, though I think we got hit the hardest in our area as all the local news trucks are setting up down the street.

Some more pictures attached.

post-756-12951154119735_thumb.jpg

post-756-12951154121294_thumb.jpg

post-756-12951154123779_thumb.jpg

post-756-12951154124806_thumb.jpg

post-756-12951154126098_thumb.jpg

Woke up and finished putting the trim around the back door of the HT closet.

Put on two coats of stain on the door.

Started laying the new retaining wall out front. Got to use the new chisels. Note to self: good choice of profession

Had a late lunch. Mole poblano and two Negra Modelos.

Took Peter to karate then to his swimming lessons. Stopped at family video and picked up three "new" Scooby-Do movies. Watched one before beddie-bye.

Now, drinking some bourbon, listening to Ryan Adams on my Head-Fones and going over a contract.

So when is the vacation over?

Stretch - Sorry for your weather woes. Global warming sucks.

That hail is pretty wild for July.

As for me, I'm just trying to get the house ready today for possible visiting family come Sunday.

Here's from yesterday:

boomana-albums-boomana-s-pics-picture856-photo.jpg

That's me, Mr. Slacker, Mr. Slacker's brother (visiting from NY and DC), HighLife, and tyrion having dinner at Kiko Japanese Restaurant in Plantation. Nice to see friends, eat good food, and Mike paid :prettyprincess:

While I was sitting in the Castro Theater watching The Gaucho on the opening night of the SF Silent Film Festival, my iPhone buzzed with a call from my nephew. I didn't answer because the film is silent after all, and it was at the climax. He then texted me to say that Jonathan Sanchez, who was pitching for the Giants in place of the injured Randy Johnson, had a perfect game into the 8th inning. He texted again that an error later in the 8th blew the perfect game, but the no-walks/no-hitter was intact. The movie ended and I turned on the game as soon as we got to the car. The first out was recorded in the 9th, and the first play we heard was Aaron Rowand leaping onto the center field fence to make a spectacular catch to save a hit. Sanchez then struck out the last man looking to complete the no-no.

First time in 33 years that a Giants pitcher achieved that feat, and if it weren't for a misplayed grounder (apparently a tough play) at third he would have been perfect. Cool stuff made all the more poignant by the fact that Sanchez has had a tough year in which he lost his 5th starter spot due to being erratic, and because his father, a former pitcher in Puerto Rico had decided to come to SF from PR the day before to his son start in the big leagues for the very first time. Hollywood couldn't write it any better.

I am doing today what I have been trying to do for the past few days which is remove the dac curse in my system and figure out how to have our new Apple gear shake hands with our home wifi. VERY ANNOYING! :mad: