What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure I ____ what verb goes there, and no, I didn't notice.

Holy shit, how the hell did that happen? I need backstory.

Not much bask story to share, I was asked if I would do it, I said yes. I think the story is similar for the others.

Cursed the bloody weather! It rained 22 days out of 30 in June this year and is, of course, absolutely pissing down outside as I write this.

Apparently, the blame lies with an unusually-persistent high pressure system camping in the region of Nova Scotia, which is pushing the Jet Stream far south of it's usual summer course. Can it be a coincidence that this anomaly developed right after a certain Australian DIYer moved to Halifax? I think not.

:mad:

Apparently, the blame lies with an unusually-persistent high pressure system camping in the region of Nova Scotia, which is pushing the Jet Stream far south of it's usual summer course. Can it be a coincidence that this anomaly developed right after a certain Australian DIYer moved to Halifax? I think not.

There is a song by an Australian/New Zealand group Crowded House called Weather With You. The catchline of the song is 'Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you'

I can assure you 100% that I have NOT brought the weather with me. Its summer up here, and its fucking freezing. Same time of year back home, it would be 35+ :(

Cursed the bloody weather! It rained 22 days out of 30 in June this year and is, of course, absolutely pissing down outside as I write this.

Wanna trade? Hasn't rained here in close to a month. Another high 90 to low 100 degree day on the way. I am having to go home at lunch every day, change clothes, hose down the dog, change clothes, and go back to work.

Wanna trade? Hasn't rained here in close to a month. Another high 90 to low 100 degree day on the way. I am having to go home at lunch every day, change clothes, hose down the dog, change clothes, and go back to work.

Not sure I want to trade a famine for a plague but we got ~7" of rain last month and it's raining like a bastard right now. In fact I just looked and there are flash flood warnings. Joy.

Not sure I want to trade a famine for a plague but we got ~7" of rain last month and it's raining like a bastard right now. In fact I just looked and there are flash flood warnings. Joy.

Yeah. Wanna know how wet it is in New England? Look at this poor little bugger I just found trying to shelter under an eave outside my office door.

IMG_1732.jpg

I did what I'll be doing for the next several weeks - helped care for my ex-wife who shattered her kneecap in a motorcycle accident. A stupendous case of Fail on her part; she totalled a motorcycle and herself during her first riding lesson. :palm:

Sorry to hear that Mike. Hope all goes as well as possible.

“Times have changed. / Our kids are getting worse. / They don't obey their parents. / They just want to fart and curse. / Should we blame the government / or blame society? / Or we should we blame the images on TV? / Hell, no. / Blame Canada. / Blame Canada. / With all their hockey hullabaloo / and that bitch Anne Murray Beefy, too. / Blame Canada. / Blame Canada!"

Yeah, I just returned from a trip to visit mom and dad in Phoenix and Fort Huachuca AZ. One hundred and five degrees all day, felt like I was walking in a hair dryer the whole weekend. Fort Huachuca was pretty interesting old cowboy fort, I cant imagine how the buffalo soldiers could stand living there in that forsaken land just over the hill from Mexico.