What did you do today?

riceboy

Thanks. Just remember, but for those inept contractors, qualified engineers would have less work to do.
Actually, they just create work for you when I get sued. It's pretty amazing no one was hurt and that significant damage wasn't done yesterday. It's been a bad week for contractors so far, today was another doozy.

what if it had a beam in the middle, and it was really well balanced?
You are not the first to propose the "teeter totter" solution. Unfortunately that is not a code-approved approach nor can I use good engineering judgment to justify it.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomatoe jam does not sound appealing, with or with the "e". What is that Manuel?

It's Tomato... :( (need to practice my english, making this kind of mistakes makes me mad...)

It's just like any other jam, ingredients are tomatoes, sugar, and one lemon sliced in half(it releases the citric acid during boiling which increases conservation)

It is really good on toasts and tastes like jam, with tomato flavour.

This weekend I'm baking an apple cake and then filling it with tomato jam! Let experimenting begin! :cool:

Nope, still doesn't sound good. But green tomato relish (basically pickled green tomatoes with onion) is kinda sweet so maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Don't beat yourself up, I can't say anything in Portuguese, except maybe "por exemplo"! :P

...pickled tomatoes don't sound apealing to me...

Now I'm searching for homemade ketchup recipes. A neighbour brought me about 50 pounds of tomatoes I've got to do something with them before they rotten.

ps: one more for you: Auscultadores [awʃkultɐ'dor] = headphones :cool:

Really, the accent is on the 3rd syllable?

Laughing at/with Voltron about "nope still doesn't sound good". I'm trying to think of it without thinking of ketchup, and I can't. I think that's my problem. I bet it'd be really good as a ketchup replacement -- I have a sweet tooth.

We are throwing a friend his bachelor party today. We started off abducting him from home, dress him up in silly clothes and then made him stand on the middle of a round-a-bout with a sign saying "honk if I'm hot!" :D Then we had some brunch and went out to sea to try some fishing. I had to go to work for a short while but now I'm sitting at home trying to get drunk before the dinner tonight. ;D