What did you do today?

riceboy

Right before leaving for work, I had to give one of our cats an impromptu wash/shower. Being that it was the first time she had been really washed, it went better than expected - until I had to dry her. Now I'm at work where my undershirt is chafing the huge gashes on my chest and stomach.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF happened?

I hit a deer Christmas day, necessitating ~$2500 in body work. Apart from that the car has an oil leak around the head gasket, and a coolant leak around the thermostat. It also needs new front brake pads, and a bunch of other niggling things like a wonky fey fob (or receiver) looked at, a new rear wiper, clips to hold keep the liner to the sodding back hatch from falling down and hitting me in the face every time I open it etc etc.

I'd be buying a new car :)

The service rep asked me if I wanted to do all this work, or consider trading it in for a new or "pre pwned" car. The truth is I'd get squat for trade in with the car in its current state, and mechanically it is otherwise sound. I'm really not looking to add a car payment to my monthly expenses, especially as I have more house renovation coming up. spend.gif

The woodshed needs a new roof:

3210173337_ce2988f1ae.jpg

That tarp isn't going to last forever.

So you didn't have collision? It's things like that that are why I always continue to carry collision even after my cars are paid off...

For me, I found out that the team that won the tournament my kid played in this weekend was "playing down". They were an A-tier team playing against B-tier teams. No wonder they won every game by 6 or more goals.

I just left my dentist's office at 9:10pm I didn't eat my tongue but I seem to have impaled a fish bone from lunch into my gums below the tooth line. It was like a sliver that felt like it was touching a nerve. My dentist was a friend of my wife's father and he agreed to come into the office tonight because I am flying at 7am tomorrow. After setting up and peering into my mouth, he pulled a shard of bone right out. Weird but I'm glad to have it out. Whisky will be required to sanitize the wound.

Mac 18 is excellent. I was sorely disappointed by the Cask Strength, however. Dense, leaden, lacking in flavor, and unimproved upon by adding a splash of spring water. Yick.

I finished today by dropping a Hafler P125 amp on my bare foot. I am done with audio for the evening. :palm: :hoppingaroundononefootemoticon:

Back at work playing catch up for being out of the office so much these past weeks.

This past week has been very surreal. For those of you who have never experienced a military funeral it is a very impressive and emotional experience. The most difficult part of the ceremony was following the flag draped casket as it was being carried by the honor guard into the chapel and watching all the veterans present slowly rise and salute the casket as it passes. Next, when the sergeant of the honor guard presents the tri-folded American flag to my father’s widow, he leans down and whispers something into her ear then places three small objects into her hand. His final words are, “I am sorry for your loss”. A simple yet moving ceremony.