What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the new Public Library that opened in one of the ground floor spaces of our building. Libraries FTW. Borrowed some books for the Little Monkey as well as a DVD. Got library (or "liberry" according to my son) cards for the whole family. I "borrrowed" a Talking Heads CD. Libraries have changed a bit since I was a kid. This is wonderful--at least until the homeless move in.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/15/a-new-resident-in-battery-park-city-with-lots-of-books/

15library2-cityroom-blogSpan.jpg

Edited by The Monkey

Actually I didn't have the hangover I was expecting, somehow.

That sucks but not surprising to any of us on chat last night. :)

Took my son to the range and shot about 300 rounds through the Sig P229, Kahr PM9 and a 38 special revolver that the girl who cuts my hair gave me to sell for her. Now I'm drinking some Chimay, smoking a Oliva Serie V and brewing some Smoked Porter.

the secret is to drink a lot of water, stay awake until you are kinda sober again, and then go to bed. is that what you did?

I don't think I drank any water, and I think I went to sleep still pretty drunk because I was having difficulty operating the computer.

Did some exercising, some pushups, pullups, standing military press, etc. etc.. Ended with a one hour bike ride around the neighborhood. Didn't log much, but it was a beautiful day and my first of this year on the road. I really want a road bike for when I'm not on any trails. Mountin biking on pavement seems so inefficient.

Watched fucking Kansas get fucking beat... fuck!!! Ehh, not really.

Congrats to Northern Iowa for continuing to play their game and not getting spooked toward the end. It's always nice to see your alma mater advance and possibly win it all like Kansas did in 2008, but it's still a great tournament to watch even after you no longer have someone to root for.

I guess I'll now have to become a Northern Iowa fan since, 1) they beat Kansas, and 2) they represent the Missouri Valley conference and thus Illinois State University, my undergrad school.

Congrats to Northern Iowa for continuing to play their game and not getting spooked toward the end. It's always nice to see your alma mater advance and possibly win it all like Kansas did in 2008, but it's still a great tournament to watch even after you no longer have someone to root for.

I guess I'll now have to become a Northern Iowa fan since, 1) they beat Kansas, and 2) they represent the Missouri Valley conference and thus Illinois State University, my undergrad school.

x2 for all of that, but change ISU to Bradley for me. We beat UNI here in Peoria back in February in the final minute of the game, but even then I knew that UNI was for real despite our win. Congrats UNI and congrats to the MVC. Maybe we'll start getting some more respect on next year's selection sunday.

And yes, I've known about Ali Farokmanesh for a while having seen him play in person like 2-3 times now lol. That motherfucker has been lights out from behind the arc for a couple years, not just during this tourney.

Ya, he was really impressive and clutch too. Most guys wouldn't have taken that 3 in the last minute when playing with a lead and nobody under the boards to rebound. I think they still would have won the game either way, because Kansas would have had to foul him, and he's dead on from the free throw line as well. But still, it took some stones to throw that one up!

UNI is my alma mater, so I was pleased (though surprised) to see they won that game. I don't follow basketball much, but it seemed like a good game.

After surfing the web most of the day went out for a walk. Later went out to diner w/ the wife to an small bistro 2 blocks away, when the bill arrived I realized I had forgoten my wallet. Thankfully it was only a two block walk. :palm: