What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, I had lyme disease twice in 2006 and 2007. The first time, I was diagnosed within two weeks of being bitten. The second time was several months later. The doctor told me that the symptoms are worse the longer it is between contracting the disease and when diagnosis and treatment begins. True to his word, I suffered significantly worse symptoms the second time. That said, once I got on antibiotics, I was more-or-less back to normal within 10 days. Best of luck with it.

Monkey: sucks about Lyme disease... my dad had it, as long as they catch it early it shouldn't be an issue.

Sunday: Started looking for a house.

Monday: attempted feeding Abi solid food for the first time.... with hilarious results.... not quite there yet. Last night was better... perhaps tonight she might actually eat something. At least we're having fun :)

Sunday: Started looking for a house.

Monday: attempted feeding Abi solid food for the first time.... with hilarious results.... not quite there yet. Last night was better... perhaps tonight she might actually eat something. At least we're having fun :)

Good luck with both of those, Stephen.

Today was just gold-plated awesome. My now week-old the stove is far from fixed. The repair man did not come by today. I did receive two phone calls from him. He was a knowledgeable guy and ascertained quickly that I knew what I was talking about. He said it needed a new [circuit[ board, and it'd would be 3-5 business days until it arrives. That's well into next week.

Additionally, something I ate last night made me *very* sick, so I got nothing else done today other than evacuating from one end or the other, or wishing I was. I'm still feeling quite ill now, but I am now up, which is an improvement.

Knee is ok. Knee guy said some wear on the right side, but nothing terrible. Looks like the swelling and pain is Lyme-related. So headed to my regular doctor who said that since I've already had Lyme, it's tough to get a real positive because I'll generally test positive forever. :palm: Anyhoo, they'll put me on the antibiotics and that should knock it out.

Then he started in on me about my (very high) cholesterol and scared the bejesus out of me, which is good in the long run, but feels shitty today.

So, decent short term news. And need to make long term changes, which makes me feel sad and guilty.

EDIT: Apparently they can "shoot lubricant" into the knee for the wear & tear I have. That sounds cool.

Went to a local H Mart to buy bunch of things for my folks who are up in Maine (i.e., with no decent Asian food store around) before visiting them in few days. Found out first hand that it's much more pleasant experience to go to H Mart on a weekday than on a weekend.

Went to the Columbia zoo today with the little fitness. Had a great time. Then went to lunch at California Dreaming for a nice bowl of she-crab soup and a shrimp Po'Boy all washed down with an icy cold Sam Adams with a perfectly poured Guiness for dessert. All-in-all a great day.

Dinny sorry to hear but good news that they can knock it out with antibiotics. Is the lubricant Synvisc? If so, it's supposed to be good stuff. I considered giving it at try when my knee was last acting up but it kind of cleared up on it's own. Try to knock down that cholesterol without drugs if you can.

Ugh, sorry to hear about all the unfriendly events there Dinny. Tick bites give me the creeps. Good to hear it didn't affect anything more vital and will be treated though. That cholestoral news is teh suck, but I guess on the bright side its better recognizing it before a heart attack or stroke happily.