Deals

Dusty Chalk

PopMarket is at it again! Those blood suckers are always geting me to click a couple of buttons and spend mo money. Today its what is rumored to be a fantastic DVD box set of Grateful Dead concert footage for $75 (normal price on Amazon and such seems to be $96-100-ish).

http://www.popmarket.com/?cid=nl%3A665024611&utm_medium=email&utm_source=generator-popmarket&utm_campaign=email-generator-popmarket-20130416-nl665024611&utm_content=nllink-2790590b-PopMarket.com IMAGE (Less than 4 hours left.)

Must admit, I've never really "gotten into" the Dead, at least not on CD but since they seem to be more or a performance type of experience, perhaps the video aspect will draw me in and make me a fan.

Edited by Wmcmanus

there's not going to be anything about them on video that will draw you in if you don't like the music. It's a bunch of old fat dudes in shorts playing music.

I was at the show on disc 11.

I don't think that I don't like their music. I think I've never given it mush of a chance. What little I have heard has left me with sort of an, "I don't get it" type of feeling, at least relative to all of the excitement and hype that they managed to generate.

Kind of the same thing for me with Pink Floyd. Other than DSOTM and The Wall, I never really listened to them much as I was growing up with music, mostly from a "classic rock" point of view. Much of what they did to make their mark slightly pre-dated my own musical awareness, and was also a little far afield from mainstream radio play. When I later bought a box set of all of their studio albums and plowed through it all, I kind of got it and now at least have much respect for what they accomplished musically.

Although Floyd was sort of a late discovery for me, I didn't get "hooked" as such as I did, for example, with the Beatles, Dylan, and the Beach Boys. All were a bit before my time, despite their radio play. I didn't "discover" them (in terms of my personal collection) until my college years as opposed to high school or earlier (as with Marley, The Band, The Doors, The Stones, etc).

"Group" music has always been kind of an odd thing for me. There are some groups/bands that "grab me" for a while, and I'll become a big fan but then eventually tire of them; others that remain as staples throughout the years; others that are fun to sample but really never stick, etc. So I'm always willing to give something like this DVD set a shot to see what I've been missing.

It's totally different with "voice" music. Either I like a voice, or I don't. Paul McCartney, yes. James Taylor, yes. Phil Collins, no. Not that I dislike his voice. He's got an objectively great voice. Just not compelling to me. If PopMarket offers a Phil Collins deal tomorrow, I'll say, "Meh..."

Edited by Wmcmanus

emotiva sale:

Take 10% off your order through Tuesday (sale ends 4/23/13 at 11:59 PM CST). Enter code weekend10 at checkout. The code will not appear on our website, we are only sharing it via email.

Sale excludes the UMC-200, XPA-2, XRT-6.2, XRT-5.2, XRC-5.2, XRM-6.1, XRM-4.1, and Airmotiv 4. The 10% discount only applies to in-stock products.

emotiva.com 

The 10% off Secret Sale ends tonight (4/23) at 11:59 PM CST. Enter code weekend10 at checkout. The code will not appear on our website, we are only sharing it via email.

Sale excludes the UMC-200, XPA-2, XRT-6.2, XRT-5.2, XRC-5.2, XRM-6.1, XRM-4.1, and Airmotiv 4. The 10% discount only applies to in-stock products.

For those who bought Sabatier knives (from the famous French company) on the Amazon deal linked a couple pages back, I just got this notice from Amazon:

Hello,

We're contacting you about your recent order for the Sabatier 8 Inch Forged Stainless Chef Knife, order # XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX. We recently learned that because of an inventory error we sent you a knife made in China instead of France, as described on the website. We're very sorry about this.

We're not able to send you a replacement, but if you don't wish to keep this item, you can return it for a full refund. You can request a return label by visiting our Online Returns Center:

www.amazon.com/returns

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

So Amazon was selling counterfeits.

I didn't bother looking back at the transaction, but I thought it was sold from amazon direct as I remember it getting prime shipping.  Maybe it was just fulfilled through Amazon though.

Edited by Tari

Yes, exactly.  This is exemplary.  Literally.  If it had happened in the other order, I would have pointed (not literally [well, maybe literally, but since they can't see my finger over email or phone, I would have had to virtually point]) to this incident and said, "this is an example of how it should be handled".

Amazon has 100 MP3 download albums for $5 - the following link doesn't have the head-case as referral link, so you might need to mod it a bit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=dm_6pk_a100for5?ie=UTF8&docId=1000371251&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=06B9V9XHBB0AHYBFDT88&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1546262702&pf_rd_i=163856011

• 2 weeks later...