Deals

Dusty Chalk

• 2 weeks later...

If you are in the market for a new receiver, Denon and Marantz are releasing new models, and the 4520CI and SR7008 are seeing price drops. Actually the best of the price drops may be past, Best Buy and Amazon were selling the 4520CI for $1,000 for a single day last week.

The lower end models are getting price drops as well, but the SR7008 and 4520CI both have Audyssey XT32.

I keep telling myself I'm fine with my current receiver. I really am.

I probably should upgrade my sub before anything. Hoping after I pass the CPA exam to convince the wife I need an SVS SB13 Ultra. Need more boom boom.

I've honestly never considered a non-svs sub. Kind of want my next sub to be my "last" sub. Could this outlaw really compete with a top of the line svs?

I have heard the outlaw is pretty nice for the money, but SVS has pretty much everyone beat in a cost/performance comparison.  If I had the money (and I did not want to spend a fortune on a sub), I'd get the 13 Ultra (PB in my case) and never look back.  End of game, sit back and enjoy the boom boom kind of sub.

I have heard the outlaw is pretty nice for the money, but SVS has pretty much everyone beat in a cost/performance comparison. If I had the money (and I did not want to spend a fortune on a sub), I'd get the 13 Ultra (PB in my case) and never look back. End of game, sit back and enjoy the boom boom kind of sub.

The PB is just too damn big for me. I have an old cylinder svs now, great performer but still an eye sore. Thus my desire for an SB in gloss black. Smaller, simple, and clean.

The PB is just too damn big for me. I have an old cylinder svs now, great performer but still an eye sore. Thus my desire for an SB in gloss black. Smaller, simple, and clean.

Yeah, they are big.  I never got into the cylinder look.  I have the room for a ported box, but I could not justify the cost, especially since my PB12 still rocks like a champ all these years later.  That gloss black though.  Drool.  I remember lusting after a Velodyne HGS18 in piano gloss black when it was king. 

I have a HSU to add bottom to the Cicada's. I think it does a marvelous job of getting out of the way. Jacob and Jim have heard it and seemed to think it worked well as a music sub.

Thank you. I have something similar to the cicadas (in that the speakers have a full range driver not a multi way). A sub has always tickled my fancy. The bass out of the cabinet is great (it uses the room for amplification) but I wonder how it would sound with a dedicated sub...

I, too, want a sub. Not going to happen any time soon, but I see ads for SVS and it makes me want one... though perhaps I could pick up Jack's old one when he upgrades?

**BRENT**

Dude whenever I get a new sub you can have my old SVS, just have to figure out how to get it to you. Its the entry level model from several years ago but its still enormous.

• Like 1