Deals

Dusty Chalk

"Smaller"?

Yeah... The THX guys say you want 94", for sitting 9 ft away. I remember a few years back a friend had a 65 hanging on his wall and it was huge! Now that I got a 60" (it was a steal and a treat to myself for working OT for five months straight, and not having a new TV since 2001), it seems like a good size, but definitely wish I could've gone 70" or so. It's on a long wall, but for viewing distance I'm about 9 ft away. To hit the ideal THX ratio, I'd want to be at 6', where the outer edge of the range almost reaches my viewing distance. Other calculations put it at 1.6x your diagonal size is optimal. 60" is 8 ft. 65" is 8ft 8in.

Maybe I should move my couch up.

Don't get me wrong... I love my TV and it's a huge upgrade from the 32" CRT that was convex and 4:3... But yeah... When I buy my next TV in 2025 or so, it'll be a 16k 104" whatever-replaces-OLED.

**BRENT**

UgpTkMR.jpg

All India Radio turns sweet sixteen! To celebrate still being a teenager (ha!) you can download every album for free for the month of May, only from bandcamp: https://allindiaradio.bandcamp.com/

I've been a huge fan of A.I.R. since I first discovered them 5 years ago.  They range from Floyd-inspired post rock to trip hop to 100% ambient.  Their entire catalog is free, in FLAC for the Month of May.