Deals

Dusty Chalk

Figured that out and got a pair.  Might be a bit huge for the office but at least I will not have to get an integrated amp and I assume it will sound better than all these Studio Monitors I have amassed but never really liked.

Thanks for the notice.

• Like 1

Glad you guys got in on the deal - I have to tell you, these things are super impressive.  Great treble and midrange, tons of bass, it gets bass-i-rific in my room. And, they have the little DIP switches on back to tailor the response, you can set the bass cutoff, treble cutoff points, there is a lot of versatility in the EQ to get it just right in your room.

Mine are running flat, but I could probably trim the bass if I wanted to make it linear.  Nah, just kidding, I like the bass.

• Like 1

Yeah, most monitors I have bought have come that way.  I got two, specifically determined to be better than the ones bought by the Ginger Avenger by my friend Andrea at Emotiva.

Now I need to decide on whether I get the Sony HAP-Z1ES as a source or go cheap and get the HAP-S1/S and use RCA to balanced cables.

• Like 1

The Z1ES won't do volume control, so unless you want to always adjust at the speaker side you'll need that.

I'm using my Airmotiv 4's with a Benchmark DAC-2D (the version without analog in), it is a very nice pairing!  I just go USB from laptop, or coax from disc player.  Does your Dell not do USB out well?

EDIT: in thinking more, do the cheaper Sony, it's $1K and still should sound pretty darn good.

Edited by skullguise

Looks like neither Sony will work as I was perusing the manual about the time you posted this and noted no volume control.  As the Emotivas also have no volume control, they will not work for me.  Maybe an Oppo 105 with a HD attached.

Oppo HA-1 and Mac Mini

I am about to decide this is the best way to guy as it will allow me to use Tidal from the iPad and potentially even bring in some of my balanced headphones for quiet time.

I did buy the volume control, thanks for reminding me of this, to get me started at least as the Stealths show up tomorrow in my office.

• Like 2

I am about to decide this is the best way to guy as it will allow me to use Tidal from the iPad and potentially even bring in some of my balanced headphones for quiet time.

I did buy the volume control, thanks for reminding me of this, to get me started at least as the Stealths show up tomorrow in my office.

You know, those HF-1s could be re-terminated for balanced use...