The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

Julie is never allowed on my phone again. I am in love with my d800. The full frame viewfinder coupled with dedicated buttons for iso, wb, bracketing are addicting. Still don't know how to use bracketing but learning. I find myself using the 35mm lens almost exclusively so the 50mm is FS. But the body is beautiful. It's heavy and bulky but I never got perfectly nice shots at ISO 2000 on the nex rig.

I've owned 7D, D7000, NEX 7, E-PL5 and others. I honestly am indifferent to their menus, and don't think one is superior than others. No one should spend more than a few days to master them. 

I mean, how many apps are on our phones? they all have different interface. We are so getting use to new interface these days.

Julie is never allowed on my phone again. I am in love with my d800. The full frame viewfinder coupled with dedicated buttons for iso, wb, bracketing are addicting. Still don't know how to use bracketing but learning. I find myself using the 35mm lens almost exclusively so the 50mm is FS. But the body is beautiful. It's heavy and bulky but I never got perfectly nice shots at ISO 2000 on the nex rig.

I wouldn't worry too much about exposure bracketing with the D800.  At base ISO, the files have so much dynamic range that there's really no need for it.  If you'd bracket just to try to get the "right" exposure, you'd probably waste less shots and memory card space, and learn more, by just taking one shot at a time, and adjusting exposure based on what you see in the histograms.

• Like 1

BlackRapid customer service FTW.

So I have a few BlackRapid bits and pieces - strap, SnapR bags - and lost the wrist strap piece from one.  No biggie, but thought, what the hell, let's see what they do.  Sent an email to their generic customer service email this morning.  As soon as they opened (Seattle time), I got an email saying they would send me a replacement - no questions, no charge, no fuss.  Sure, it's probably a $1 item at cost, but I was still impressed, so want to spread the word of the good experience.

• Like 1