The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

That's why mirrorless APS-C cameras like the Nex 6/7 are so brilliant - you get the small size factor of micro 4/3 with the controls of an SLR, and a ton of lens compatibility too. Of course I still hate not having an optical viewfinder, contrast-detect AF sucks as has been noted, and not having the durability and weathersealing of a pro SLR is a big no-no for what I do.

I thought that Best Buy got rid of the restocking fee.  Did they bring it back?  

S95 or other P&S with small sensor cameras have great depth of field so most things are already in focus. While NEX or other APS-C or FF have thinner depth of field.

NEX or other mirrorless have better AF in video mode compare to DSLR. In fact, photographers I know that use DSLR for video use manual focusing only.

Best I can tell is that every day Flickr chooses the top 500 most interesting (as defined by them) pictures to highlight.  So if you go to Flickr.com and click explore at the top you'll see today's "explored images".  So in a nutshell Ari's photo was badass enough to be one of the best/most popular/discussed/shared/or other images of the day.

Tres cool in my book.

IIRC from when I looked into the same thing, 50/1.8G is supposed to be noticeably (whatever that means) better optically than older 50/1.8D.  Between 50/1.8G and 50/1.4G, 1.4G is supposed to have much, much better edge-to-edge performance, though 1.8G (newer lens than 1.4G) is supposedly wee bit faster in focusing.  Obviously, the usual caveat of I-didn't-actually-go-get-all-three-lenses-and-test-them-out-myself applies here.

I ended up with 1.8G mostly because it came back in stock before 1.4G did, and it costs less than half of 1.4G.

Edited by Salt Peanuts