HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own two fucking balanced amps, and nothing single ended at all. So, since I am such a fucktard, when I get my shiny new HD800, with it's fabulous SE cable, what would you suppose me to do? And, IF I were to resell it to some fucktard that only has a SE amp, I'd imagine he'd appreciate it with the SE cable, SOOOO,. either I reterminate an existing aftermarket cable, or get a new hd800 replacement cable (no idea if I can or not) to reterminate balanced.

Tool, indeed.

who pissed in your soup?

I'd like to order one, but the Spanish distributor still isn't accepting orders. I'd order them to Headroom, but I find quite silly paying shipping and customs for a product that being made in the EU shouldn't have those additional charges. However if I could get them sooner doing so... :palm: I'm definitely going nuts.

Is that a real question? Which of the two were you thinking would be free?

I was thinking the MSRP of 1400 for the can would be just that, "suggested." Knock a few hundred off, and there's enough for the cable.

I've done further reading since then, and it seems like sennheiser might be planning to make the dealers stick to that price. However, I still stand by my original question because it seemed logical at the time based on the idea that the MSRP was at most suggested, and not really enforced.

Ugh, I SO want to order these right now - but I really shouldn't as any financial gain from my recent sell-off would be for naught. That and I still want a nice new $700-1000 cartridge. Buying BOTH would be very bad, yes very bad indeed...

Hypothetically, if I DID order an HD800, they would be cabled with the stock cable under my reign of ownership.

Yes, I ordered one (and with a replacement cable - hoping it isn't more than $200) - just really torqued that I (apparently) can't get one for the DFW meet on Jan 31, where several 'designers' will hopefully be in attendance (Pmillett, ACavalli, Marc), so we can talk about these phones in relation to (DIY) amp designs. Trying to build the nexgen stat hybrid amp while looking at the new dynamic frontier is a bit, you know, disorienting.

Senntard is the word for today.

And, never mind a little 'wang' in my soup.

I'd like to order one, but the Spanish distributor still isn't accepting orders. I'd order them to Headroom, but I find quite silly paying shipping and customs for a product that being made in the EU shouldn't have those additional charges. However if I could get them sooner doing so... :palm: I'm definitely going nuts.

If the UK price is going to be

"Smoke this, it's the law!"

"That'd be a nice world: quiet, mellow, hungry, high people everywhere. Just Domino's pizza trucks passing each other. Every single highway: parades of Dominos. Let them get stuck in traffic and all our pizza will be free, you see. I'm a dreamer, I'm a fucking dreamer, I'm a dreamer Tommy. Tommy, join the band, I'm a fucking dreamer. What?"

"Pot is a better drug than alcohol. FACT!"