HD800? Another rumor?

riceboy

I was thinking the MSRP of 1400 for the can would be just that, "suggested." Knock a few hundred off, and there's enough for the cable.

I've done further reading since then, and it seems like sennheiser might be planning to make the dealers stick to that price. However, I still stand by my original question because it seemed logical at the time based on the idea that the MSRP was at most suggested, and not really enforced.

I was just poking fun at you, was going to include a winking smilie but I didn't see that option. I didn't imply that with a rude tone, but now I see where you were going with that.

We're all so used to ~$300 headphone cables that $1400 is like a haymaker to the head.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the MSRP of 1400 for the can would be just that, "suggested." Knock a few hundred off, and there's enough for the cable.

I've done further reading since then, and it seems like sennheiser might be planning to make the dealers stick to that price. However, I still stand by my original question because it seemed logical at the time based on the idea that the MSRP was at most suggested, and not really enforced.

Isn't forcing a retailer to sell at a certain price illegal? Wasn't nintendo sued for this in the 80's?

I believe they can't set a price other than minimum advertised price, but they can tightly manage their distribution network, and kick out dealers that sell for less. So headroom is free to sell the ones in the firs tshipment for $20, but they'd have trouble getting more after that.

Fixing dealer prices is what Grado does.

It's very strange. I never thought I'd be even partially excited about a Sennheiser but it seems the talk, previews and hype is getting to me a little. I'm starting to get urges to see/hear that new ring driver..... ack!!

I have a feeling I will order one if not soon, in the future. Can't wait for them to get released and impressions start to surface >:D

Congrats to those that purchased it :)

I have one pair ordered for myself. I don't think will be a bad purchace ... It's a bit expansive but if they good, it's ok.

Was thinking I might start selling a few items off to save up for this can, arranged a local meet up to sell my hd600's, and then noticed n_maher's got some rescreened k240's up for sale =/, very tempting- I kind of like mine, and always wondered if it would sound better if I had that silly plastic screen taken out. Later noticed he was willing to trade for hd600s facepalm.png, will definitely make a better effort to read ads completely in the future. Debating now whether I'm saving up for the hd800, or other goodies like the k240, koss esp 950, or that w10vtg currently in the marketplace.

Was thinking I might start selling a few items off to save up for this can, arranged a local meet up to sell my hd600's, and then noticed n_maher's got some rescreened k240's up for sale =/, very tempting- I kind of like mine, and always wondered if it would sound better if I had that silly plastic screen taken out. Later noticed he was willing to trade for hd600s facepalm.png, will definitely make a better effort to read ads completely in the future. Debating now whether I'm saving up for the hd800, or other goodies like the k240, koss esp 950, or that w10vtg currently in the marketplace.

If you want something good, don't get sidetracked on the way or you're just going to delay the goodness that you really want.

there's another vtg for sale? the one I saw was sold to dusty.

Ah. Again I'm bad at reading. I read that he found one, but didn't make the connection that it was that same set, even though he'd posted some impressions. Well that's one less temptation. :D

but hd600s for the 240s is a great deal for you, and you should jump on it

It is, but I've already arranged to meet with a buyer today, and gave out my phone # + address to my friend's place in Irvine; in addition to making dinner plans with a few people in that area. Maybe I'll just offer to buy it via monies instead of the trade option that's been offered.

Re-read nate's FS ad, and wondering now if the k240's have in fact been rescreened. Noticed nowhere does he actually say they were, but rather RhythmDevil's comments say they've been rescreened. I guess I'll look into this more when I get back, going to get dressed and head for Irvine.