What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete, does it sound tending to bright like the remastered CD or smooth and warm like the old pre-remaster CD or the vinyl?

Hmm... not sure. I don't have the vinyl, but not sure which CD I have. There is treble, can hear the cymbals fairly well compared to what I remember. Don't think it is overly bright, but I would not call it warm either, somewhere in the middle, actually quite good sounding, the voices are a bit brighter, might be the mics used.

Instruments sound fine.

It's on the voices where it's more noticeable. Satchmo's sounds too raspy and breathy, like forced. Ella's has some sibilances. The old remasters don't make those details too evident.

Yes I would say that the voices fall into the description you made, especially Satchmo's voice - a bit grating at times. Ella's voice sounds very good though, not fatiguing.

Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladlyland part 1

ladyland1montage.jpg

UK vinyl (Polydor). Pretty awesome alternate cover that was used for the versions of Electric Ladyland that was split into 2 parts. Part 2 has a more boring cover of Jimi's face. Killer sound quality on part 1 and significantly cheaper than what i paid for a first pressing on the Track label.

Yes I would say that the voices fall into the description you made, especially Satchmo's voice - a bit grating at times. Ella's voice sounds very good though, not fatiguing.

Mmm, I'm afraid it's the remastered one then. I don't think they've made a new remater this year for that HD edition. Jacob, if you get it, please let me know.

Enjoying this immensely, thank you.

Glad you like it, I got it for a recommendation elsewhere. It surpassed my expectations.

Now listening, for an ASR's comment:

Helloween - 7 Sinners

Helloween-7-Sinners.jpg

Edited by Torpedo
Add album