I may be interested if Juan doesn't get it

3 hours ago, CD44hi said:

What is the Ipad pro to get? Is there a reason why not to go with the Pro?

is the extra screen size on the pro helpful? (I know stupid question, but weighing in the extra size of 10.5 vs 12.9)

Mostly for watching movies, Zwift, email, drawing/calligraphy.

Anyone here using the Apple pencil?

I watch most of my Netflix/Amazon Prime on my IPad, definitely go with the larger screen size.

• Like 1

I totally love my 12 incher (okay Steve, do your worst).

One of the things I use it for is as a music reader (For Score) over my piano and size really does matter to these old eyes.

I also use it with Duet as a second display a lot and having the pencil is the only way to go when manipulating images that aren't scaled (or scaleable) for an ios device.

• Like 1

I may be interested if Juan doesn't get it

Dan, go for it as upon some thought, I would have a need for more memory. Very kind of TMoney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I totally love my 12 incher (okay Steve, do your worst).
One of the things I use it for is as a music reader (For Score) over my piano and size really does matter to these old eyes.
I also use it with Duet as a second display a lot and having the pencil is the only way to go when manipulating images that aren't scaled (or scaleable) for an ios device.

I just came back from the Apple store ( I was there getting my phone screen replaced) had a chance to play with both. The 12-incher is absolutely huge (Steve run with it).
Loved the pencil. Really awesome how it modulated both pressure and angle, just like a real pencil.
I watch most of my Netflix/Amazon Prime on my IPad, definitely go with the larger screen size.

Yeah, I can see that large display being the right call for watching shows.
Cheerio!

• Like 1

Having used both the 12 inch and 10.5 inch iPad Pro, I went with the 10.5 as the 12 is just not iPad portable. If I really need the extra screen real estate I would just go with my 13 inch MacBook Pro. The 12 inch to me is just too big for typical tablet use. I do use my iPad a lot; My usage; iPad > iPhone >MacBook Pro 

Edited by morphsci
  • Like 1

The 12 incher is huge. I am on the same boat as could not imagine portable use with it. But since I don’t have a MBP other than the work machine (that can’t be used for fun stuff), I was considering it until I learned that the 10 incher iPad has a better processor/graphics. Likely going with the 256 GB 10inch iPad pro.

I guess put me in line for the "potentially available used iPad" after Dan.

I pm'ed Dan but haven't heard back. Holiday week and all, so I'll give him a few days to respond.

Take your time, however long it takes for Dan to respond works for me.

I don’t need the cellular version so you’re up nate

On 7/1/2018 at 8:13 PM, morphsci said:

Having used both the 12 inch and 10.5 inch iPad Pro, I went with the 10.5 as the 12 is just not iPad portable. If I really need the extra screen real estate I would just go with my 13 inch MacBook Pro. The 12 inch to me is just too big for typical tablet use. I do use my iPad a lot; My usage; iPad > iPhone >MacBook Pro 

Jim is wise.  I owned the 12inch pro but thought it was too large to be really portable.  I sold it after a year and got the 10.5 pro and I am really happy with it.  I know some people who love the 12inch since they like to use the split screen feature a lot.  The Apple pencil is great; the writing is much better than most (all?) Windows tablets out there including the Surface Pro IMO. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht207582

Edited by shellylh
  • Like 1